Head of Index Governance & Regulatory Policy
New York, NY
Posted Jun 7, 2022 - Requisition No. 104255
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. Bloomberg indices are used as the basis of investment products and for benchmarking portfolio performance. The Bloomberg Terminal and Bloomberg media enable the global investment community to interact with Bloomberg indices.
What’s the Role?
You'll be joining Bloomberg Index Services Limited (BISL), an established and highly motivated index product team that sits within our Core Financial Products division. BISL is authorized by the FCA as a benchmark administrator under the EU benchmark regulation (BMR). You will lead BISL’s BMR governance and oversight regime to ensure adequate regulatory reporting across product lines as the business expands. You will be trusted to collaborate across BISL stakeholders and the wider Bloomberg enterprise to ensure policies and processes are effective, up-to-date and fit for purpose. You will liaise directly with BISL’s regulatory authorities and stay abreast of all regulatory developments affecting the business, working with key industry bodies and exhibiting thought leadership in the index regulatory sphere. BISL management will depend on you to provide them the information and intelligence needed to take informed and calculated risks and make recommendations on methods for regulatory risk mitigation.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support and advise Product Managers with appropriate governance and oversight of their respective benchmarks both internally and via index advisory councils and other stakeholder consultations for material changes to index rules
- Lead design, implementation and maintenance across regulatory policies, methodologies, procedures and practices, including the pending Senior Managers Regime, working in close collaboration with Legal and Compliance colleagues.
- Prepare reports for regulatory bodies and senior internal management
- Identify potential enhancements in governance & oversight processes and play a role in designing, drafting and implementing effective regulatory policies
- Work with the compliance team to draft responses to regulatory enquiries and assist in managing regulatory relationships
- Horizon scanning for regulatory changes and their potential impact on the product and business, including working with government relations colleagues on draft or pending legislation, working closely with Legal to determine the impact on the business and products
- Interface with our Chief Risk and Compliance Office to establish, maintain and expand firm-wide support of our regulated entities
- Be the primary business contact with regulators
- Act as the lead on execution for Brexit-related preparations
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in Benchmark Governance, Regulatory, Compliance, and/or Index Production/Operations
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Law, Finance, Economics, Information Systems, or related discipline
- Baseline understanding of information technology concepts and operations
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to simplify difficult concepts and challenges by thinking analytically
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- Strong leadership skills to guide organizational change and partner with both senior management and staff
The ideal candidate will have in-depth regulatory as well as index product knowledge and experience with regards to indices, financial benchmarks and products within the financial markets; be familiar with FCA and European rules and requirements; and be able to design, implement and maintain regulatory policies, governance/oversight bodies and related controls. Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential, together with the ability to work as part of a team, with a real drive to add value to the firm.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.