Head of Leadership Assessment & Development
New York, NY
Posted Oct 31, 2018 - Requisition No. 71671
We work with purpose at Bloomberg, and you know exactly what that means. In Global Talent, we're passionate about finding, hiring and developing all-star talent at Bloomberg. It’s the most important thing we do, and it’s our purpose. Our team strives to make Bloomberg more successful by assessing our talent, identifying skill gaps, and creating curated learning experiences to fill those gaps.
The best athletes have coaches that make them world class; they develop them differently and give them the chance to realize their potential. This is who we are to the Bloomberg organization. We believe that having the right leaders is absolutely critical to our business success and that they are there to make sure that innovation happens. We want to have a future-focused leadership agenda so that we have the right pipelines and plans for the right leaders, with the right skills, ready at the right time. Our leadership approach needs to be business aligned, commercially relevant, and pragmatic. We're constantly challenged to meet firm wide, global business objectives while also adapting to local requirements. We collaborate extensively within our team and across the organization.
What’s the role?
Our Head of Leadership Assessment & Development, a newly created position in our Global Leadership and Talent Development team. In this role you’ll lead our efforts in identifying and evaluating diverse top talent at all levels, creating future leaders and maximizing their leadership potential. In this role you will define leadership for Bloomberg. You’ll enhance and design our core capability development programs for key populations. You’ll partner closely with the Global Head of Leadership and Talent Development, Head of Learning & Organizational Development, Global Head of Diversity, Global Human Resources Business Partners, the Recruitment team and our HR Analytics team to create measurable impact to our businesses and people through calibrating the right metrics, data and technology.
As Head of Leadership Assessment & Development, we’ll trust you to:
- Define leadership for Bloomberg
- Be seen as a subject matter expert and thought leader in designing assessment and development programs; building and fostering relationships across HR and our businesses to provide key relevant input
- Drive the required cultural change enlisting stakeholders at all organizational levels and translating leadership identification into required competencies for change
- Introduce globally consistent and robust assessment practices enabling unbiased leadership decisions
- Establish a standard leadership identification framework and standards across all Bloomberg businesses and regions
- Globally integrate our leadership goals with business strategy in order to identify commonalities and drive business performance
- Lead top talent lists and critical role discussions - leading process and cadence of talent reviews and succession planning aligned to the business strategy
- Be hands on in the practicalities of succession planning - using systems and technology to keep track of development plans and performance, while holding our managers accountable for execution
- Analyze potential, performance data and learning data to create thematic analysis by business, geography and other key demographics
- Optimize data through effective analytics and success criteria - creating the metrics for measuring success of our leadership assessments and development programs
- Strategically advise on development, modifications, and elimination of leadership programs (where applicable)
- Keep our leadership development approach as cutting edge through bringing external thought, trends, innovation and disruption
- Identify and vet best-in-class leadership assessment platforms with emphasis on placing a resolution of gaps across geographies, technologies, personnel levels and business needs
- Establish processes and strong governance to drive recommendations through to implementation including determination of impact and ROI to the business
- Select vendors for assessment and development including implementation of technology to enable transparency
- Manage and measure our executive coaching strategy – put the right framework around frequency of coaching and strategy (e.g., virtual/video vs. in person) for various levels; measure results, refine vendors and agreements and partner with the right coaches based on data and return
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a leadership role in a complex organization in either HR, Leadership Development, Organization & Talent Development or related discipline (Including Prior experience working within a global organization)
- Experience engaging, assessing and developing all levels of leadership
- Significant experience in designing and developing leadership assessments and development programs with creativity and commercial impact
- Demonstrable disruptive thinking with a willingness to explore new methods, processes, technology to design and deliver learning differently
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to convert data and research into measurable areas of focus and investment initiatives
- A can-do, strategic approach with sound commercial acumen, the ability to challenge senior leaders and a consistent track record operating within our fast-paced environment
- Experience supporting large scale, transformative projects requiring extensive change management
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment, interacting with individuals across a range of backgrounds and tenures, including the most senior levels of management
- Demonstrate an ability to link the D&I agenda to the Leadership Assessment and Development agenda
- Demonstrate global experience and a deep understanding of cultural nuances in key markets in the USA, Europe and Asia Pacific
- Comfort in influencing and directing others, often without direct line reporting authority
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a fast-paced, fluid environment; with the ability to initiate, lead and manage change
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, facilitation, presentation, storytelling and interpersonal skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.