Head of Learning & Organizational Development
New York, NY
Posted Oct 31, 2018 - Requisition No. 71669
We work with purpose at Bloomberg, and you know exactly what that means. In Global Leadership and Talent Development; we’re passionate about finding, hiring and developing all-star talent at Bloomberg. It’s the most important thing we do, and it’s our purpose. Our team strives to make Bloomberg more successful by assessing our talent, identifying skill gaps, and creating curated learning experiences to fill those gaps.
We feel passionate that Bloomberg employees should have the right information to work effectively and develop themselves, and that this important content should be provided to them through interesting, state of the art and creative learning experiences. We need to be 20 steps ahead of today's curriculum and technology standards and know which innovations are coming next. We want our learning to reflect the innovation that we're known for worldwide.
What’s the role?
The Global Head of Learning and Organizational Development is a newly created position in our Global Leadership and Talent Development team. In this role you’ll be responsible for managing a team of learning specialists and business aligned talent partners. You’ll refine and develop a centralized learning services function that is, inspiring, innovative and impactful to our 19000 employees worldwide.
You'll lead the team though design, implementation and evaluation of learning programs that facilitate the development and continuous learning of Bloomberg employees, particularly our top talent and critical workforce segments. You’ll also support the Global HR Business Partners and business aligned talent partners to create organization development strategies that are closely linked to business objectives. You’ll also partner closely with the Global Head of Leadership and Talent Development, Global Head of Leadership Assessment and Development, Global Head of D&I, and the Global Head of Talent Operations.
As Global Head of Learning and Organization Development, we’ll trust you to:
- Establish a common organizational development and learning standard across all Bloomberg businesses and regions
- Design organization development strategies and programs to support complex business transformation and change
- Globally integrate our learning strategies with business strategy in order to identify commonalities and drive business performance
- Collaborate with HR business partners and business heads to develop, design and deliver relevant organizational development and learning programs
- Lead a Learning budget globally including handling terms and conditions with all partners and vendors
- Analyze performance data and learning data to build rigorous tracking of return on investment/learning effectiveness. Strategically advise on development, modifications, and elimination of learning programs not aligned to business imperatives
- Keep our learning teams' practices cutting edge through bringing external thought, trends and innovation
- Deliver innovative learning experiences through our online bespoke technology platform ensuring the content is relevant and discoverable
- Assess next generation technology to innovate on learning technologies and tools to help support our business and leadership development needs.
- Identify and vet best-in-class training solutions with emphasis on resolution of training gaps across geographies, technologies, personnel levels and business needs.
- Identify strategy for self-service learning platform that makes learning options and content discoverable
- Establish processes and strong governance to drive recommendations through to implementation including determination of impact and return on investment to the business.
- Establish governance standards to ensure all training promotes a strong inclusive culture
- Optimize the cost of learning development and delivery across the enterprise
- Lead our tuition reimbursement spend & strategy
- Deliver on enterprise learning needs related to compliance and security
- Select vendors for content, on-online courses, and classroom training (includes university engagement)
- Handle facilitation of professional skills trainings as needed
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a leadership role in a complex organization in either HR, Learning & Development, Organization & Talent Development or related discipline (Including Prior experience working within a global organization)
- Experience across all areas of Learning including: design, development, program management, and technology
- Significant experience in human learning techniques
- Demonstrable disruptive thinking with a willingness to explore new methods, processes, technology to design and deliver learning differently
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the adeptness to convert data and research into measurable areas of focus and investment initiatives
- A can-do, strategic approach with sound commercial acumen, the ability to challenge senior leaders and a consistent track record operating within our fast-paced environment
- Experience supporting large scale, transformative projects requiring extensive change management
- Ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment, interacting with individuals across a range of backgrounds and tenures, including the most senior levels of management
- Comfort in influencing and directing others, often without direct line reporting authority
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work within a dynamic, fluid environment; comfortable initiating, leading and handling change
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, facilitation, presentation, storytelling and interpersonal skills
We’d love to see:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Organization Development (OD), Instructional Design (ID), Learning & Development (L&D), Education, Human Resources (HR) or other related discipline
- Experience within a digital-first organization that optimizes technology in collaboration with, and for, people, structures, and processes
- An understanding and interest of cloud and new technologies.
- A real passion for developing others
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.