Head of Platform Growth
New York, NY
Posted Sep 8, 2021 - Requisition No. 95177
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
The Growth and Business Development team’s mission is to lead the creation, launch, and growth of partnerships that maximize the digital revenue of Bloomberg Media.
Our team is focused on four key areas: managing our relationships with the major digital platforms, including Amazon, Google, Apple, and Facebook, growing our streaming and subscriptions audience and revenue, developing advertising revenue and technology partnerships, and producing original content for streaming services and TV networks.
We collaborate with many teams as part of the day-to-day execution of our initiatives, including Marketing, Sales, Ad Operations, Editorial, Media Distribution, Product, Finance, Legal, and Engineering.
The Head of Platform Growth will be responsible for growing the audience and engagement for our two television networks, Quicktake and Bloomberg TV+. This person will also help in managing all day-to-day growth activities across other partnerships as needed, including our strategic podcast relationship with iHeartMedia and other content distribution platforms like Yahoo and MSN.
The role will require close coordination with several teams, including Performance Marketing, Content Marketing, Ad Platforms & Operations, and Media Distribution, in order to set and meet our business objectives and serve as the internal advocate for our partners.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Manage day-to-day initiatives and execute all growth activities across major streaming platforms and with other streaming channels such as Samsung TV Plus, The Roku Channel, the News app on Amazon Fire TV and Tablet, and LG Channels
- Develop strategic roadmap for major platform partners, including defining KPIs and measuring effectiveness of partner campaigns
- Communicate content and promotional schedule on a proactive basis to partners; provide creative assets to partners, optimizing creative and tactics based on performance
- Collaborate with performance marketing team to build and optimize paid media strategy on partner platforms
- Ensure editorial and content marketing are creating robust metadata that flows through to partner EPGs to properly track content engagement performance
- Work with consumer and content marketing to ensure growth activities are aligned with broader strategy and messaging
- Partner with product management to integrate Bloomberg content into various universal search and content discovery features on CTV platforms
- Establish and implement detailed and regular partner reports on audience and engagement to internal stakeholders
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 7+ years of prior experience in Growth, Partner Management, Partnership Marketing, or Media, preferably with a streaming video focus
- Excellent written and communication skills, including poise and professionalism interacting with internal and external senior-level executives
- Passion for the media and entertainment industry and its rapid digital transformation
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creativity with the ability to deliver measurable business results
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and bring timely resolution to issues
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and help out even when it’s not in your job description
- Bachelor’s degree
If this sounds like you, apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status