Head of Podcasts, Bloomberg Digital
New York, NY
Posted Jul 11, 2022 - Requisition No. 105366
Bloomberg Digital is looking for a Head of Podcasts to oversee its podcast development and operations in New York. Working within the largest newsroom in the world generating hundreds of stories daily, this role is responsible for the editorial direction of Bloomberg’s rapidly expanding podcast portfolio, building partnerships and managing a team of podcast producers spanning all formats including narrative, interview and daily shows.
The Head of Podcasts is responsible for overseeing the strategy, development and production of Bloomberg’s podcast slate, leveraging both our existing shows to grow them and identifying promising new podcasts from the newsroom.
We’re looking for a candidate who is creative, self-starting and ambitious about how to grow our podcast operation in a highly competitive industry, build relationships with platforms and partners and create a culture of experimentation. The ideal candidate is passionate about business news, appreciates good storytelling and can leverage Bloomberg's unique expertise to make our shows a must-listen.
The Head of Podcasts is responsible for managing a growing team of global podcast producers who are focused on a variety of formats while developing a pipeline of new shows. Management experience and strong organizational skills are required to keep up with our growing ambitions in the podcast space.
This candidate will be a key leader in our global newsroom, working closely with a variety of reporting teams across regions, partnering with other editorial platforms including our video and radio teams and working alongside our business colleagues on monetization and partnerships. Strong collaboration skills are required.
The job demands a commitment to the best journalistic practices, sound judgment under fire, fantastic taste and a passion for digital storytelling. The ideal candidate has more than five years of experience working in audio with an emphasis on multimedia storytelling. Familiarity with Adobe Audition, as well as other audio editing software, such as Pro Tools and Audacity, is a plus.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Oversee the development, production and strategy of the Bloomberg podcast slate
- Manage a growing team of podcast producers globally
- Partner closely with the Bloomberg newsroom globally to source ideas and develop pitches
- Focus on ambitious and innovative ways to grow our audience for existing shows and new shows
- Help expand our podcast footprint, including into video and events
- Regularly evaluate and give feedback to show hosts and producers
- Communicate with the wider newsroom about the podcast strategy and key podcast metrics
- Work closely with the business development, finance and marketing teams to build on our podcast business
- Maintain relationships with partners to help grow influence and audience in the podcast space
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 5+ years of experience as a manager in an audio job
- News and enterprise experience at a digital media company
- A track record of developing successful podcasts
- Expertise in the podcast industry and its audience
- Strong collaboration, communication and organizational skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org