Head of Product for Alternative Data - CTO Office
New York, NY
Posted Sep 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 108984
The Bloomberg CTO Office is the future-looking technical arm of Bloomberg L.P. We envision, design and prototype the next generation infrastructure, hardware and products that interface in all aspects of the company including financial products, broadcast and media, data centers, internal IT, and our global network. We are passionate about what we do.
Alternative data is one of the highest priority initiatives at Bloomberg. We believe that alternative data will become a core part of all investment research workflows and Bloomberg will play a central role in this transformation.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to build and manage our alternative data product team at Bloomberg. As the Head of Product for Alternative Data, you will be the executive responsible for the product vision, product strategy, and the creation and execution of a product roadmap that will help our alt data efforts achieve market leadership.
In this role you will:
- Manage the requirements definition, prioritization, and delivery of products and features to clients
- Become a voice of our customers by gathering, prioritizing, and taking action on market feedback
- Create a cohesive product roadmap that encompasses our data’s full lifecycle - from the systems that ingest and enrich raw data to the analytics products we deliver to customers
- Help develop Bloomberg’s alternative data vision, objectives, and key results with other alt data executives (COO, GM, CRO). You will then build and rally the team behind a product-specific strategy
- Manage up and across by bringing Bloomberg executives and integral partner teams along the alternative data product journey
- Hire, coach, and guide a team of high-performing product managers
- Partner with the Head of Engineering and Data Science to create an effective product delivery organization
You’ll need to have:
- Experience hiring, leading, and mentoring a team of product managers
- Experience defining, prioritizing, building, and launching complex data products
- Client empathy and an understanding of investor roles, specifically equity analysts’ research workflows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We’d love to see:
- You’ve successfully executed in large company settings and collaborated with multiple stakeholders to bring scaled products to market
- Experience in and a strategic point of view on the alternative data industry, and how Bloomberg can uniquely serve this market
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.