Head of Risk and Compliance Employee Training - Legal & Compliance
New York, NY
Posted Jan 19, 2024 - Requisition No. 122709
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
Bloomberg’s Risk and Compliance Departments play a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our teams are made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Chief Risk Office and Global Legal and Compliance teams provide coverage of and support for Bloomberg's regulated entities as well as non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory and operational issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. We are currently looking for an experienced person to work with our Risk and Compliance Shared Services team.
As the Risk and Compliance Training Lead, you will work with the Chief Risk Office and Global Compliance team, Human Resources, and other key Business colleagues. You will play a critical role in developing and maintaining firm-wide employee training programs. You will be expected to have a good understanding of non-financial risks and related regulations and exceptional stakeholder management skills. Your expertise will contribute to Bloomberg’s proactive approach in managing risks. In addition, as your understanding of Bloomberg products develops, you will support the firmwide risk management program and have the ability to identify and escalate top and emerging risks to Senior Management and Risk / Compliance Management.
We'll trust you to:
- Design, implement, and own effective risk management and compliance training programs for employees across Bloomberg, including senior management and Board members
- Manage the training development and maintenance framework
- Oversee substantive content of training courses, have a vision for the creative, and have a vision for the most effective technical mechanism of delivery
- Develop and maintain a firm-wide global training plan across Bloomberg’s various legal entities, products, and services
- Develop and deliver engaging training materials, and presentations that foster a strong understanding of Bloomberg’s products and services, business objectives, and identification and management of risks
- Monitor and track training completion, assess effectiveness of training, and manage training violations process
- Assess effectiveness of the program and establish feedback loop for future Training content and delivery improvements
- Collaborate with risk, legal, and compliance teams to align training to regulatory/operational expectations and industry standards
- Develop and present insightful management information directly to senior management on related training courses
- Execute ad-hoc assignments as directed by the Global Head of Risk and Compliance Shared Services
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Law, Business or related field
- Minimum 7+ years of direct experience in Employee Training, and Risk Management or Compliance, preferably at a banking, financial services, and/or large fintech organization
- General knowledge of regulations impacting the financial and/or technology industries
- Experience in instructional design, content creation, and curriculum development
- Experience with relevant learning tools and technologies (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Cornerstone (LMS))
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex risk concepts clearly
- Understanding of risk management, internal controls, and root cause analysis
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, building and maintaining a network of contacts, and coordinating with several partners across our company
- The ability to work creatively and efficiently, to assist with building a program that’s practical, risk-focused, and conscious of business and control partners’ needs
- Strong team player skills in order to guide organizational change and collaborate with key partners across various levels
We'd love to see:
- Experience interacting directly with global regulators
- International experience, especially in Europe, Asia or USA
- J.D., or other advanced degree
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- Familiarity with financial markets and products including trading platform and operations
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 215,000 - 250,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus