Hedge Fund Data Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Apr 24, 2018 - Requisition No. 66723
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by data. In Global Data, we’re responsible for that data. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Around the clock, from around the world, our team delivers data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Wherever a hedge fund is in its life cycle, Bloomberg has the data, solutions and industry network to help our clients take it to the next level. We provide a suite of hedge fund solutions which give our clients a framework to make smarter, faster and more informed financial decisions. Whether investors are seeking new opportunities or control over data, our best-in-class platform offers fully integrated solutions to any workflow.
In this role, you will gain in-depth hands-on experience of the hedge funds industry. You will learn continuously from industry experts and work closely with key decision makers. Dealing with market-moving data, you’ll see how your work has measurable business impact on our products and clients. If you are motivated and you bring passion to the table, you will have great opportunity for exciting and varied career progression.
We’re looking for a passionate, motivated, and data-driven individual to join our team in New York and help us expand the scope of our Hedge Fund and Investment Mandates Data Products. You’ll need entrepreneurial spirit and fluent understanding how hedge fund data is procured, managed, and analyzed in order to help improve our offering. You’ll be an exemplary collaborator and relationship builder – both internally and externally. You’ll transform complex data and work processes into products that are indispensable to our users.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, maintain and improve the comprehensiveness of our hedge fund-related data content
- Build and maintain relationships with a range of market players within the hedge fund industry
- Maintain our record as having the best-in-class hedge fund data coverage by identifying gaps and onboarding new datasets
- Collaborate closely with Sales teams to provide excellent service to the Bloomberg Investor Community
- Provide support to internal and external clients and stakeholders on our Hedge Fund product functionality and data content
- Manage multiple industry-specific projects simultaneously and ensure that deliverables are met
- Facilitate lines of communication between internal and external stakeholders to ensure data consistency and accuracy
- Work with a high degree of autonomy by setting your own goals and milestones and executing projects start to finish
- Identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement enhancements to our systems and processes
You’ll need to have:
- 4 or more years of experience in client services, sales support, research or marketing within the Hedge Fund, Private Equity or Asset Management industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact confidently with stakeholders at all levels
- Proven track record of building and maintaining client relationships
- Project management experience with the ability to lead and influence multiple stakeholders while working to tight deadlines
- Well-practiced research and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to think critically with demonstrated examples of improving processes, systems or procedures
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the hedge fund industry
We’d love to see:
- Experience or knowledge in data management tools and workflows in a related role or function
- Business fluency in second language
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.