Human Resources Business Partner - Editorial & Research
New York, NY
Posted Mar 19, 2021 - Requisition No. 89672
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success through measurement of individual performance is the key to our success. Business Partners serve as frontline HR partners with global, cross-functional teams to ensure people are at the center of all business decisions and to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement. We work to ensure our strategies and guidance fit the evolving needs, goals, and direction of the organization. We are trusted advisers in all areas of HR and are partners to our business in hiring, developing and retaining the best talent. With trust from our business, our peers in HR, and leadership, we strive to be creative and innovative in how we support our employees.
As part of our HR Business Partner team, you will foster a strong relationship with our business to maximize the success of our employees in the organization. You will spearhead the design and delivery of people and organization development strategies in support of our strategic and operational plans. You will partner with teams across the region and globe to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement. You will solve complex problems while being "hands-on" on all other aspects of the role.
At Bloomberg, we are guided by four core values that are the foundation of our continued success: innovation, collaboration, best-in-class customer service and doing the right thing. Bringing these values to action is where you come in.
What’s in it for you:
- You will create and implement innovative HR solutions for business-critical projects like workforce planning, succession planning, Diversity & Inclusion initiatives, leadership and development programs, organizational design, and retention strategies
- You will build meaningful partnerships with senior stakeholders and have direct impact on the direction of the Editorial & Research department
- You will advise on critical talent decisions and strive to achieve operational excellence for the business
- You will serve as a trusted advisor on all HR issues
- You will join a welcoming and inclusive global team, made up of HR professionals focused on Recruiting, Talent Development and Diversity & Inclusion
We’ll trust you to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the vision, purpose and strategy of the business and align the HR strategy with these goals
- Own, design, and deliver strategic, people-focused HR initiatives including workforce-related efforts, human capital agenda, critical talent decisions, organizational design, employee development, and retention strategies/programs
- Use data, metrics and internal/external trends to arrive at insights and provide guidance to the business
- Combine commercial and HR expertise to build credible relationships with global stakeholders across HR and Editorial & Research
- Provide advice and challenge leaders on how to effectively manage change within the organization, such as department reorganizations, and leadership changes, role restructuring
- Support leaders in the execution of our evaluation and compensation processes
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence, excellent judgment and decisiveness
You need to have:
- At least 10 years of experience as a strategic Human Resources Business Partner, preferably in a large global organization in the Editorial, Research or Media industry
- Demonstrated expertise partnering with senior leaders to craft organizational strategy, goals and alignment
- An ability to execute creative talent initiatives with excellence in a fast paced, globally collaborative environment
- Experience driving diversity and inclusion work
- Proven experience leveraging HR data, reporting, and analytics to generate and present insights that drive business-critical decisions, strategy, and improvements
- Experience collaborating with various HR disciplines including Compensation, Recruiting, Immigration, Employee Relations, Diversity & Inclusion, and Talent Development
- Excellent judgment on a range of people issues and the confidence to influence leaders and outcomes
- Facilitation skills, including fostering creativity in solution design
- BA/BS degree
We’d Love to See:
- Experience working across cultures and in a matrix environment
- Certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise, including coaching skills
- Prior work or exposure to the Editorial, Research or Media field
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.