Human Resources Business Partner - Engineering
New York, NY
Posted Apr 26, 2021 - Requisition No. 90407
Human Resources at Bloomberg drives business performance through our people. This mission is particularly important when you're the HR Business Partner for Bloomberg’s Engineering department, which is responsible for building the company's most critical, foundational systems and services.
Our team influences the design and delivery of people and organizational development strategies in support of the Engineering department. We serve as frontline HR partners with global, cross-functional teams to ensure people are at the center of all business decisions and to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement. We work to ensure our strategies and guidance fit the evolving needs, goals, and direction of the Engineering organization. We are trusted advisers in all areas of HR and are partners to our business in hiring, developing and retaining the best tech talent. With trust from our business, our peers in HR, and leadership, we strive to be creative and innovative in how we support our employees.
At Bloomberg, we are guided by four core values that are the foundation of our continued success: innovation, collaboration, best-in-class customer service and doing the right thing. Bringing these values to action is where you come in.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll create and implement innovative HR solutions for business-critical projects like workforce planning, succession planning, D&I initiatives, leadership and development programs, organizational design, and retention strategies.
- You will build meaningful partnerships with senior stakeholders and have direct impact on the direction of an entire Engineering department.
- You’ll join a welcoming and inclusive team, and have the opportunity to mentor and be mentored by colleagues in HR and Engineering.
We’ll trust you to:
- Ensure alignment of the HR and Engineering vision, purpose and strategy.
- Analyze trends and leverage robust data and metrics to provide insight and guidance to the Engineering organization.
- Design and execute on HR initiatives focused on making the organization more effective (e.g. performance evaluation cycle, retention and employee development programs).
- Develop meaningful relationships with Engineering Managers, Team Leads and Individual Contributors.
- Provide leaders with the coaching and tools necessary to accelerate their business relationships, develop their people and improve team results.
- Guide managers on how to effectively govern change across their organization.
- Operate with empathy, confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 10 years of experience working as a Human Resources Business Partner, preferably in a large global technology organization.
- Demonstrated experience serving in a consultative capacity to leaders.
- Proven experience leveraging data to provide insights to drive business decisions, strategy, and improvements.
- Experience collaborating with various HR disciplines including Compensation, Recruiting, Immigration, Employee Relations, Diversity & Inclusion, and Talent Development.
- Ability to influence and build consensus on a cross-functional basis.
- Facilitation skills, including fostering creativity in solution design.
- BA/BS degree.
We’d love to see:
- Experience (or education + aspiration) in career development / implementing career programs.
- Certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise, including coaching skills.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.