The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success through measurement of individual performance is the key to our success. As part of the HR Business Partner team, you will foster strong professional relationships with our business leaders to improve the success of our employees. We are a creative and ambitious team working in a dynamic environment with the desire to achieve one goal: Success.
As a Human Resources Business Partner Team Leader for our front line financial products business you lead the US team for one of our key business areas in our headquarters. You will use your HR background and expertise to actively partner with the business and provide strategic support and advice. You will partner with regional and global teams to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement. You will solve complex problems while being "hands on" on all other aspects of the role.
We’ll trust you to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the vision, purpose and strategy of the business, as well as the competitive landscape and market trends, to design and implement a relevant and commercial HR strategy.
- Have a strong development oriented and coaching mindset to cultivate a team of diverse HR Business Partners. Engage and retain top talent within their own team and the broader HR function
- Design, develop and execute on all aspects of talent management with senior leaders ensuring a longer term view on leadership development (with a lens on Diversity and Inclusion). Able to influence key stakeholders and challenge them appropriately
- Implement initiatives to foster a high performance culture, where continuous improvement and change is the norm
- Use insights from data to contribute to business partnering strategy and to make the organization more effective, i.e. talent acquisition, retention strategies and employee development
- Partner with the Employee Relations team to handle complex employee relations issues including providing counselling and coaching to key stakeholders regionally and globally, regionally and globally
- Influence the regional and global HR teams to ensure deliverables and strong partnership with Recruitment, Employee Relations, Talent Development and HR Operations
- Operate as a player – coach within the larger Financial Products HR Business Partner team, taking the lead BP role with various businesses based on critical business challenges and opportunities
You'll need to have:
- Substantial relationship management / business partner experience across the Americas, ideally within the financial markets / financial technology sector
- Experience leading teams and developing people through a strategic HR transformation/change
- Ability to lead in a fast paced environment and have a flexible approach
- A can-do, strategic approach with the business, sound commercial acumen, ability to challenge senior leaders and a consistent track record operating as a HR Business Partner
- Experience supporting large scale transformation programs as a subject matter authority in organizational design and change management
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to convert data and research into measurable HR trends
- Proficiency in relevant labor laws and the ability to mitigate risk on behalf of the organization
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.