Human Resources Business Partner- Editorial and Research
New York, NY
Posted Jul 19, 2018 - Requisition No. 68264
Your friends know you as a problem solver- the person they go to when they need advice. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. Discretion is something which comes naturally to you, and you're able to find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You love dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success through measurement of individual performance is the key to our success. As part of the HR Business Partner team, you will foster a strong professional relationship with our business to improve the success of our employees in the organization.
In this role, you will be part of the team that supports the Editorial and Research business in North America. You will spearhead the design and delivery of people and organization development strategies in support of our strategic and operational plans. You will partner with teams across the region to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement. You will solve complex problems while being "hands on" on all other aspects of the role. We are a creative and visionary team working in a fast pace environment with the passion to achieve one goal: Success
What’s in it for you?
- Support our Editorial and Research businesses
- Lead and drive the Bloomberg Human Capital agenda
- Advise on critical talent decisions and achieve operational excellence for the business
- Serve as a trusted advisor on all HR issues
Your clients/colleagues will depend on you to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the vision, purpose and strategy of the business and how this aligns with our HR strategy
- Drive results based on business goals and strategies, by defining and executing specific people-focused initiatives, including talent-related initiatives and employee development programs
- Use data, metrics and internal/external trends to arrive at insights and structure HR projects and activities
- Build credible relationships with key management, business stakeholders and peers globally by combining commercial and HR expertise to add value to the business
- Coach leaders to better manage their business, develop their people and drive business results
- Provide direction and challenge managers on how to effectively manage change within the organization, such as department reorganizations, leadership changes and role restructuring
- Partner with Employee Relations to resolve employee issues and formulate recommendations to management; understand trends and recommend actions
- Manage a wide range of stakeholders across HR and internal clients to achieve flawless execution of HR initiatives and annual process
- Support clients in the execution of Bloomberg's evaluation and compensation process
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
You need to have:
- Experience in an HR Generalist/Human Resources Business Partner role
- Ability to use HR reporting & analytics in generating insights and presenting findings back to the business, as well as tracking and disseminating key HR data
- Demonstrated expertise and experience serving in a consultative capacity to senior business leaders, crafting organizational strategy, goals and alignment
- Experience collaborating with various HR disciplines including compensation, recruiting, employee relations, diversity and inclusion and talent management
- Ability to execute firm-wide talent initiatives with excellence in a fast paced, global collaborative environment; commitment to innovation and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis
- Experience managing a variety of employee relations issues
- Facilitation skills, including fostering creativity in solution design
- Good judgment on a range of people issues and the confidence to influence leaders and outcomes
- BA/BS degree
We'd love to see:
- Experience working across cultures and in a matrix environment
- Certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise, including coaching skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match. We''ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.