Human Resources Business Partner- Financial Products
New York, NY
Posted Oct 2, 2018 - Requisition No. 68681
Your friends all know you as the problem solver- the person they go to when they need advice. You work well under pressure and you thrive in a team environment. Discretion is something which comes naturally to you, and you're able to find that perfect balance between professional and personable. You love dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
People are Bloomberg's most critical assets and ensuring their success through measurement of individual performance is the key to our success. As part of our HR Business Partner team, you will foster strong professional relationship with our business to maximize the success of our employees in the organization. You will spearhead the design and delivery of people and organization development strategies in support of our strategic and operational plans. You will partner with teams across the region to advocate for continuous organizational performance improvement. You will solve complex problems while being "hands on" on all other aspects of the role.
We are trusted advisors on all HR issues and are partners to the business in hiring, developing and retaining the best talent. We are a creative and visionary team working with the desire to achieve one goal: Success
In this role, you will be part of the team that supports the Financial Products Business, with full responsibility supporting the senior leaders within our Analytics Department. Analytics, now over 1,000 employees strong, provide front line around-the-clock support for Bloomberg Terminal users all over the world and across multiple industries. Analytics is responsible for providing the best possible user experience while becoming a reliable source, for Bloomberg clients, to make better and faster decisions on a daily basis. This is accomplished by combining strong understanding of economic principles, market players, and asset classes with expert knowledge of Bloomberg functionality and analytical tools.
What’s in it for you:
- Own and deliver exciting strategic projects, everything from workforce-related efforts, change management, organizational design, implementation of new performance metrics and career development
- You will lead the delivery of all HR services to internal client groups and drive outstanding business performance
- Partner closely with business leaders to drive the human capital agenda, consult on critical talent decisions and achieve operational excellence for the business
We’ll trust you to:
- Understand the vision, purpose and strategy of a business and how this aligns with HR strategies
- Drive results based on business goals and strategies, by defining and executing specific people-focused initiatives
- Use data, metrics and internal / external trends to arrive at insights and structure HR projects and activities
- Design and execute HR initiatives that make the organization more effective, e.g., talent acquisition, retention strategies and employee development
- Build credible relationships with key management, business stakeholders and peers globally by combining commercial and HR expertise to add value to the business
- Coach managers in order to better manage their business, develop their people and drive business results
- Provide advice and challenge managers on how to effectively manage change within the organization, such as department reorganizations, and leadership changes, role restructuring
- Manage a wide range of stakeholders across HR and internal clients to achieve flawless execution of HR initiatives and annual process
- Support clients in the execution of evaluation and compensation process
- Display confidence, emotional intelligence and decisiveness
You need to have:
- Experience in a HR Generalist/Human Resources Business Partnering role
- Demonstrated expertise and experience serving in a consultative capacity to senior business leaders, crafting organizational strategy, goals and alignment
- Experience collaborating with various HR disciplines including compensation, recruiting, employee relations and talent management
- Ability to execute firm-wide talent initiatives with excellence in a dynamic, global collaborative environment; dedication to innovation and continuous improvement
- Demonstrated expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis
- Ability to use HR reporting & analytics in generating insights and presenting findings back to the business, as well as tracking and disseminating key HR data
- Experience managing a variety of employee relations issues
- Facilitation skills, including fostering creativity in solution design
- BA/BS degree
We’d love to see:
- Experience (or education + aspiration) in career development / implementing career programs
- Certifications and course work in specific areas of HR expertise, including coaching skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.