IT Desktop/Service Analyst (3PM to Midnight Shift)
New York, NY
Posted Aug 13, 2018 - Requisition No. 68725
Bloomberg Information Systems provides technical support for all in house IT systems and a pivotal part of this group is our IT Support Desk. The New York Tech Team is crucial to the smooth operation of our internal IT systems at Bloomberg. We form Bloomberg's backbone, and provide 1st and 2nd line IT support for all of our employees. We strive for excellent customer service while taking a detail oriented approach to addressing customer needs quickly and efficiently.
What's The Role?
As an IT Desktop Support/Service Desk role, your role will be divided into the following:
- Service Desk role which will provide remote support to our internal customers
- Desk Side Support for PC's that are primarily running a Windows environment
In addition to PC support, you will be supporting other systems including MACs, mobile technology and AV. Support is coordinated via phone, ticketing systems and Instant Message. Full training on the Bloomberg software and ticketing systems will be offered/provided.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Provide global remote technical support
- Desk side support for any hardware related issues
- Provide excellent levels of customer service
- Manage and deliver small projects on time
- Have the ability to clearly communicate ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical employees
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Have proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic, and innovative environment demonstrating high energy with a sense of urgency and decisiveness
- Have the ability to make decisions during off hours while others may not be in the regional office you are in
- Show the ability to multitask with a high volume of tasks
- Experience working within a team environment
You’ll Need To Have:
- Experience in providing 1st and 2nd level support within a dynamic, fast-paced business environment
- Active Directory experience
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- A real passion for technology
- An understanding of Microsoft Windows operating systems
We’d Love To See:
- Mac OSx Experience
- Knowledge of Cisco telephony
- Audio Visual support experience
- Active Directory experience
- SCCM Experience
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. That being said, it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives, from helping local school kids with their reading, to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.