IT Sourcing Manager
New York, NY
Posted Apr 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 90103
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Global Finance team works with all things (you guessed it) financial! We help business partners with all aspects of Procurement to cash collection, customer billing, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury, and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Global Procurement supports both the strategic sourcing and operational purchasing of goods and services for the organization. What does that mean? We procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business. We handle any vendor-related risks and deliver the best customer service in the world.
We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight, but our culture is wide open, where we challenge and support each other's creative ideas to remain first-class.
What's the Role?
You are passionate about negotiating that next deal, being part of a Global Department delivering top quality service and advice. Our resourceful and dynamic Procurement Department is looking for an experienced Sourcing Specialist to join its US Headquarters based in New York.
As an individual contributor you sill support the sourcing for our Technology & IT business, you will build and manage relationships with our internal clients and the vendors who support our exciting and varied requirements across the whole US region. You will need to show good knowledge of procurement principles, strong negotiating skills and an eye for detail. You will be part of the US team supporting multiple internal stakeholders, from a wide spectrum of departments with many and varied needs, in a dynamic demanding environment.
We'll Trust You To:
- Determine specifications and requirements for products and services through communication with internal stakeholders and the department's strategic plan
- Collaborate with senior Bloomberg leaders and stakeholders to identify and evaluate technology strategies and roadmaps to facilitate a robust strategic souring pipeline
- Develop the strategy, lead and execute the implementation of both business unit level and enterprise-wide sourcing initiatives for large, complex technologies for hardware, software, IT infrastructure, networking and telecommunication equipment and services, contingent labor, and field service support.
- Lead regional sourcing opportunities, including RFPs, direct negotiations, etc., and use market research from internal and external sources to drive sourcing decisions
- Ensure adherence to the policies and thresholds set by the Global Procurement Team
- Negotiate and implement Contractual agreements in partnership with the internal customer and our Legal department
- Manage the vendor base to ensure that contractual compliance and financial efficiency
- Continuously review with the Sourcing Team Strategic Plans to better serve the company as a whole
- Build strong and lasting relationships with internal clients and the associated vendor base
- Provide support to the rest of the team to make sure we deliver first class customer service
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years experience in a strategic sourcing role with IT category experience, specifically Network hardware, software and professional services
- Experience with negotiating and managing vendor relationship with Arista, Cisco and Juniper
- Education to degree level, CIPS or combination of education and work experience
- Knowledge of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Value-Added Reseller (VAR) channel marketplaces
- Proven experience in the commercial environment with demonstrated ability for complex commercial and contractual negotiations, competitive market analysis, and ongoing supplier performance management/scorecards
- Strong contractual knowledge and negotiation skills- Understanding of and experience in contract law and applicable legislation
- Strong decision-making ability
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of executive management
- Ability to learn new applications relevant to the role
- Excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail
We'd love to see:
- Keen understanding of the end-to-end RFx process. Experience and ability to execute reverse auctions
- SAP, Oracle or other ERP experience
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.