IT Systems Architect
New York, NY
Posted Dec 20, 2018 - Requisition No. 72622
Our Global Information Systems Group (Infosys) is responsible for designing, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network, and the hardware and software to support nearly 19,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world. We are also responsible for the audio-visual technology in all of Bloomberg’s public spaces (including training and conference rooms) which host more than 500,000 visitors to Bloomberg offices each year.
Our employees rely on the technology solutions and support Infosys provides to do their jobs in a dynamic, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. We are a close-knit, hardworking team organized into 5 groups: Service Desk, Desktop Technicians, Infrastructure, Audio-Visual and Mobile Technology. Each of these groups develop, deploy, and rely on a complex set of proprietary and third-party systems to deliver the services we provide. Those systems are the key to understanding where we are doing our jobs well, and where we need to improve.
For example, our 19,000 employees generate more than 320,000 service requests each year through a ticketing system that drives both human and automated services—from software download to a Desktop dispatch. We handle approximately 400+ software titles, and monitor/implement security for a global corporate network that includes 28,000 PCs, 50,000 screen displays, and 120,000 network connections.
What's In It For You:
You will be an integral member of the Information Systems Global Enterprise Infrastructure & Design Team. The primary role of this team is to architect and on-board new production infrastructure and business applications for Bloomberg’s corporate offices and business units. This will include Production system design, vendor integration, operational readiness, stakeholder communication and project management.
You'll Need To Have:
- 10 years or more experience with medium to large scale IT enterprise application and/or infrastructure architecture and support
- Experience with Windows based technologies including Active Directory
- Experience with scripting in Powershell
- Intermediate understanding of Windows Operating Systems
- Proficient knowledge of network protocols and ports such as TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, SSL, DNS and SNMP
- Proficiency in network tools such as traces and netstat
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
We Would Love To See:
- Intermediate proficiency in IT Security Fundamentals
- Intermediate level of knowledge of proxies, firewalls and load balancers and their use in system design
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.