Immigration Coordinator - Contract
New York, NY
Posted Nov 6, 2020 - Requisition No. 87051
Bloomberg’s Global Mobility team in the Human Resources department provides a wide range of assistance to the business and to relocating employees including all aspects of immigration, relocation and tax support. Bloomberg has 19,000 employees based in 74 countries and we relocate more than 750 employees and new hires domestically & internationally each year. Bloomberg ensures a high level of customer service to the relocating employee while always looking for ways to minimize compliance risks for Bloomberg, reduce costs where reasonable, improve processes and manage vendors for maximum efficiency.
In this temporary role, you will support the Immigration team with the visa and permanent residence applications for employees in the US.
We’ll trust you to:
- Coordinate LCA process, including posting and removing LCA notices and printing certified LCAs for signature
- Coordinate and track files and update internal immigration records on a regular basis.
- Correspond with employees to pick up and return visa and permanent residence forms
- Prepare daily packets to send to outside legal counsel
- Answer basic US immigration questions from employees and HR professionals
- Create and accurately maintain documents and files for all work visas, permanent residence cases and other immigration matters and act as a resource for the immigration team, foreign nationals and outside legal counsel for general information and workflow process.
- Stay current on emerging legislation, requirements, and forms and assess impact on policies, procedures and employees.
You need to have:
- BA / BS Degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Basic understanding of immigration logistics in order to prioritize and manage tasks
- Ability to learn things quickly
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and relationship-building
- Sense of urgency, detail oriented and aptitude to follow through
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in order to meet to meet tight timelines
We’d love to see:
- One year of experience with US immigration preferred
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.