New York, NY
Posted Sep 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 93902
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Our Global Mobility team in the Human Resources department provides a wide range of assistance to the business and to relocating employees including all aspects of immigration, relocation and tax support. We have 20,000 employees based in over 70 countries and we provide immigration assistance to over 1,800 employees in the U.S. Our team ensures a high level of customer service to our employees while always looking for ways to minimize compliance risks for Bloomberg, reduce costs where reasonable, improve processes and partner with vendors for maximum efficiency. We are looking for a U.S. immigration subject matter expert to join our team as a strategic partner for HR, Recruiters and Business Managers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide in-depth counsel with U.S. immigration processes
- Deliver a high quality and consistent experience to employees, new-hires and managers
- Be responsible for the communication and training of the U.S. immigration framework
- Work as the main point of contact for foreign national inquiries through our internal ticketing system, email and phone
- Consult with candidates at the pre-offer stage and strategize on the most efficient visa process
- Initiate visa/green card applications for candidates and new hires
- Consult with legal counsel on complex immigration issues
- Lead, maintain and analyze visa and green card applications and monthly extensions
- Lead compliance initiatives to minimize risk
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Immigration, Human Resources or a directly related field
- 5+ years working experience within corporate immigration. Large multinational organization experience preferred
- Ability to clearly and concisely articulate immigration matters to different stakeholders
- Deep understanding of non-immigrant visa classifications, including H-1B, F-1, TN, L-1, O-1 and E-3
- Forward-thinking ability to spot issues and communicate strategy solutions
- Strong knowledge of immigrant visa process, including PERM, I-140 and AOS
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive matters
- Preferred: experience with audit compliance (FDNS site visits, I-9 and/or PAF audits)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.