Implementation Specialist - AIM
New York, NY
Posted Oct 17, 2018 - Requisition No. 71336
Bloomberg’s order management system (OMS) AIM delivers global, multi-asset solutions for portfolio management, trading, compliance and operations for buy-side firms. AIM is used by more than 13,000 professionals in nearly 90 countries at over 800 client firms, including some of the largest asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, pension funds and government agencies.
Bloomberg buy-side solutions addresses the entire workflow with front-end portfolio, inventory, sales and trading, and Middle and Back Office operations. Our goal is to offer the most scalable asset management technology in the market - one that allows AIM clients to grow assets on existing investments and to quickly expand into new asset classes, markets or investment styles without disruption.
Our goal is to offer the most scalable asset management technology in the market allowing AIM clients to grow assets on existing investments and to quickly expand into new asset classes, markets or investment strategies without increasing costs or operational disruption.
What's the role?
The Implementation Team is critical in launching a successful client engagement built on providing buy-side industry insight and best practice trading workflows for a wide range of client types. As an Implementations Representative, our clients will depend on you to provide project management, client onboarding, system configuration, training, testing and support across position management, order management, trading, compliance and operations. The role is based in New York and covers new clients across North America with some travel required to provide on-site support.
We'll trust you to:
- Drive industry best practices for order management workflows
- Provide detailed project plans and project management/governance across the entire life of the project by coordinating with relevant Bloomberg departments, the client and third party vendor applications
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and communication channels across multiple implementation projects concurrently with varying degrees of asset class and workflow complexities
- Support implementations activities working alongside colleagues in Sales, Account Management & Product Development
- Acquire and instill a deep exposure into AIM's offering across Front, Middle and Back Office solutions
- Effectively manage client expectations for a better on-boarding experience
- Work as the product advocate to increase usage during and after the implementation
- Develop and execute strategies to better penetrate our solutions and increase usage by time of go-live
You'll need to have:
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Strong interest and knowledge in financial markets
- Strong Microsoft Application knowledge (Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Great organization skills, a proactive attitude, and an ability to work well as a team
- A highly articulate, consultative approach
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Prior experience of buy side order management implementation / project management / best practices are essential
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:http://www.bloomberg.com/trading-solutions/?utm_source=bloomberg-menu&bbgsum=DG-WS-09-13-TS-bbgmenu