Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. Our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) connects thousands of content providers with hundreds of thousands of customers – creating a smart and efficient means to exchange information.
Our coverage and relationships with data providers are what makes us unique in the industry. Our team partners with the sell side and research houses to gather and manage contributed pricing, research, and exchange content for our customers to access – all in one place. Our customers on the buy side can consume more information, more efficiently – in ways offered by no other platform or service. We empower global businesses to operate smarter – faster.
We’re looking for a technical and client-oriented professional to join our Content team in New York. You will play a vital role in supporting new and existing content providers to the Bloomberg Terminal. You will be working with major content providers daily to ensure information is delivered in a timely and effective manner.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work extensively with clients to ensure content is delivered to Bloomberg in the optimized fashion
- Collaborate with content providers to suggest areas of improvements as it relates to headline composition, tagging and content positioning to our mutual clients
- Partner with Bloomberg sales, product and engineering teams to ensure that content is brought onto the system quickly, securely and efficiently
- Utilize business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for product and content improvements
- Demonstrate effective prioritization and ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Seek opportunities to further develop knowledge and proactively pass on knowledge to peers
- Continually strive to make internal/external workflows more efficient by proactively and consistently reviewing procedures and technology
- Be a self-motivated go-getter, and a total team-player!
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in client-facing or technical support role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interface with clients and provide excellent customer service
- Strong VBA skills, MS Excel and or Access Skills to work with large amounts of data (data manipulation)
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in at least one non-English European language
- Understanding of the financial markets, in particular sell-side content distribution
- Knowledge of SQL, Tableau, QlikSense and/or similar technologies
- Understanding of project management principles
- Working knowledge of SFTP protocol
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.