Index Data Quality Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Sep 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 95471
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. This includes investment and market analysis of both alpha and beta sources, portfolio benchmarking and performance measurement, asset allocation, and the creation of index tracking funds and index-based structured products.
Our beta/benchmark platform, Bloomberg Index Services Ltd (BISL) is the leading provider of fixed income, inflation-linked, and swaps indices offering unmatched market coverage and a full suite of customised client solutions for benchmarking and informational needs! The BISL platform also includes a diverse family of alpha generating strategy indices that offer quick and easy access to out-performance sources and a quantitative way to express investment strategies, in markets that would otherwise be difficult to access. Index products are available across multiple asset classes including equities, fixed income, FX, commodities, derivatives, and alternative investments.
As an Index Data Quality Analyst, you will join a global team responsible for the daily processing, data quality and publishing of the BISL Indices. This position is located in New York and involves interfacing across multiple groups globally.
We’ll trust you to:
- Perform analysis on financial instruments for eligibility into various index products involving the review of indicative data and the understanding of the underlying security characteristics in relation to the specific index product inclusion rules and guidelines
- Govern daily data quality checks executed by fixed income data teams to ensure integrity of bond terms and conditions data
- Address internal and external client queries on index constituent data and eligibility requirements
- Actively engage with engineering and product teams to improve production processes and to mitigate the operational and reputational risk exposure of the group
- Evolve and improve the sourcing, production and quality control of all indicative data entering index applications
- Work closely with the Index Production Change Management and Client Services teams, and the Engineering team, to develop work flows, quality assurance processes and product improvements
- 4+ years experience working with financial instruments
- Strong data and quantitative analysis skills
- Strong operational and process management skills
- Desire and ability to quickly understand and learn the Benchmark and Strategy Index businesses, and their role within the capital markets
- Willingness to learn complex business and technology processes and actively contribute to their evolution
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Be able to identify and communicate the key points of information to partners and stakeholders—clearly, completely, and concisely—under pressure
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with our clients
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be dedicated to quality
- Technology skills on SQL would be desirable
- Eagerness to work in a challenging, complex, fast-paced, high-pressure environment
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.