Index Derivatives Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Apr 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 102129
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. Bloomberg indices are used as the basis of investment products and for benchmarking portfolio performance. The Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg media enable the global investment community to interact with Bloomberg indices.
What’s the Role?
You'll be joining an established and highly motivated index product team that sits within our Core Financial Product division. Our diverse portfolio of products consists of various indices and benchmarks across all asset classes. You will be part of a team that will focus on growing the derivatives business linked to our indices which includes custom swaps, standardized OTC swaps, cleared swaps as well as listed futures and options.
To support this business, you will help the team design and build workflow and analytics that provide clients with the analytical toolkit to build liquidity in our index derivatives business. In this role you will work closely with various clients, vendor partners, exchanges and clearing houses to source ideas as well as create and execute a plan for commercial success. You will work closely with Sales, Research, Production, Marketing, and PR teams, and participate in client meetings globally. You will collaborate with teams across core terminal, enterprise product, enterprise solutions, global data and technology to build, maintain and grow our business.
You must have broad knowledge of derivatives markets, listed and cleared across multiple asset classes, and you must have a deep understanding of benchmarks and the exchange and clearing space. You may ideally have prior experience of working with or at a derivatives exchange. You should understand pricing, valuation, analytics and data in the in the financial technology space.
You’ll be expected to influence product vision and then execute on that vision. You’ll be comfortable in working with large data sets and have a talent in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You’ll also have great interpersonal skills. You’ll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver. This is a role with high visibility within the organization and the investment community.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support our index business across execution, analytics and product development teams
- Play a key role in the governance and evolution of the benchmarks and committees both internal and external supporting derivatives on our indices
- Develop new derivatives on existing or new benchmarks
- Represent us with industry bodies and regulators
- Communicate product vision and build consensus among senior leadership team
- Assess client needs and translate them into index-linked tradable products
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of index or exchange industry, or equivalent, experience
- A strong academic background in analytical/technical qualifications e.g., Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics or equivalent experience
- Comprehension of index construction techniques
- Broad knowledge of derivatives markets
- Understanding of various asset classes and evolving areas such as digital assets and ESG
- The ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound product plans
- Communication and PowerPoint skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas
It is useful if you also have:
- Experience with pricing, valuation, electronic execution and analytics
- A proven track record in working independently to develop and grow financial data businesses
- Excellent industry relationships across the exchange traded derivatives space
- An understanding of the investment process, portfolio theory, and financial markets
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.