Index Derivatives Product Manager
New York, NY
Posted Jan 10, 2022 - Requisition No. 99426
Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. Bloomberg indices are used as the basis of investment products and for benchmarking portfolio performance. The Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg media enable the global investment community to interact with Bloomberg indices.
What’s the Role?
You'll be joining an established and highly motivated index product team that sits within our Core Financial Product division. Our diverse portfolio of products consists of various indices and benchmarks across all asset classes. You will be part of a team that will focus on growing the derivatives business linked to our indices which includes custom swaps, standardized OTC swaps, cleared swaps as well as listed futures and options.
To support this business, you will help the team design and build workflow and analytics that provide clients with the analytical toolkit to build liquidity in our index derivatives business. In this role you will work closely with various clients, vendor partners, exchanges and clearing houses to source ideas as well as create and execute a plan for commercial success. You will work closely with Sales, Research, Production, Marketing, and PR teams, and participate in client meetings globally. You will collaborate with teams across core terminal, enterprise product, enterprise solutions, global data and technology to build, maintain and grow our business.
You must have deep knowledge of derivatives markets, listed and cleared across multiple asset classes, and you must have a deep understanding of benchmarks and the exchange and clearing space. You may ideally have prior experience of working with or at a derivatives exchange. You must understand pricing, valuation, analytics and data in the in the financial technology space.
You’ll be expected to influence product vision and then execute on that vision. You’ll be comfortable in working with large data sets and have a talent in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You’ll also have great interpersonal skills. You’ll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver. This is a role with high visibility within the organization and the investment community.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support our index business across execution, analytics and product development teams
- Play a key role in the governance and evolution of the benchmarks and committees both internal and external supporting derivatives on our indices
- Develop new derivatives on existing or new benchmarks
- Represent us with industry bodies and regulators
- Communicate product vision and build consensus among senior leadership team
- Assess client needs and translate them into index-linked tradable products
You’ll need to have:
- 10+ years of index or exchange industry, or equivalent, experience
- A strong academic background in analytical/technical qualifications e.g., Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Statistics
- Deep knowledge of derivatives markets
- Understanding of various asset classes and evolving areas such as digital assets and ESG
- Experience with pricing, valuation, electronic execution and analytics
- A proven track record in working independently to develop and grow financial data businesses
- The ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound product plans
- Excellent analytical capabilities and numerical skills related to futures and swaps
- An understanding of the investment process, portfolio theory, and financial markets
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new ideas
- Excellent industry relationships across the exchange traded derivatives space
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.