Index Production Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Aug 18, 2020 - Requisition No. 84439
What’s the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Global Data Index Operations team in New York! Your role will be vital in supporting our index offerings while driving a variety of engineering projects, supporting Product or Sales, leading all aspects of various operations from testing and troubleshooting, collaborating with other teams in the design and evolution of systems, workflows and processes that support the index business. You will work closely with Product and Engineering to develop, innovate, improve and de-risk workflows, perform quality assurance, identify new index production processes and contribute to product development. In order to do this you will be proactively working to build positive relationships with other data teams and utilize this network to get results. You will become a specialist in one or more index products covered by Global Data and apply that subject matter expertise to consistently produce timely, accurate, and comprehensive index data for our clients to drive business decisions.
Well trust you to:
- Produce and deliver timely, accurate and comprehensive index data to our clients
- Utilize your own operations, product, and technical skills to play a key role in product and process innovation across the index business
- Generate premium content and configure workflow solutions to optimize and de risk internal operations and continuously improve the quality of our index data sets
- Acquire, ingest, perform quality controls, produce, and analyze index data
- Provide superior customer service internally and externally on our index products
- Develop algorithms to detect data quality issues that arise from incoming global data, market data, pricing data, analytics data, and outgoing index level data
- Create workflows that are in compliance of the regulatory operational framework
- Document and update index publications, fact sheets, and operational playbooks
- Generate research reports that can be provided to clients
- Release management of changes entering the production environments including the design, testing, review and sign-off of any pro-formas required for deploying any changes to production environment
You’ll need to have:
- Cross-asset & cross-platform index product knowledge
- Intimate knowledge to operate and evolve the daily production tools used across 12+ index production platforms
- Ability to perform index modeling to test and validate index changes and new index development, with proper back testing and documentation
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship
We’d love to see:
- Experience covering Fixed Income and/or Multi Asset families such as Equities, Commodities, FX, Crypto, Converts, RBI, EuroABS, Rates, Derivatives etc
- Knowledge of the MSSQL or any other relational database Unix, C shell, KornShell, Perl etc.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.