Index Production Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Oct 4, 2021 - Requisition No. 96081
What's the Role:
Index Production Analysts are knowledgeable in one or more index products and apply their subject matter expertise and judgment to produce and deliver the most timely, accurate, and comprehensive index data to our clients for asset management! To do so they use their operations, finance, and technology skills to manage the daily calculation, quality control and dissemination of the index products and to innovate products and processes to support the index business. For example, they create premium content and configure workflow solutions to optimize and de-risk internal operations and continuously improve the quality of our index data sets. As such, Index Production Analysts play a critical role in maintaining Bloomberg’s position as a world-class global index provider.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage daily production processes for the acquisition and quality control of all data for the indices including terms and conditions, inclusion criteria, weights, market data, forex, curves, prices, analytics, returns and index levels and prioritizing production work in order to maximize value for our customers
- Build and develop indices
- Provide outstanding customer service for operational inquiries both internally and externally
- Handle all data, service, and infrastructure incidents that occur during the daily production cycle across all regions, index platforms, and asset classes and prioritize resolution of high impact issues
- Conduct root cause, impact, and risk analysis for incidents in preparation for problem management review with product, legal, and compliance teams
- Lead a variety of projects related to new index development, product maintenance and product support
- Create and maintain documentation such as index publications, fact sheets, and operational play-books
- Author research reports that are periodically provided to clients
- Govern release management of changes entering production environments including the design, testing, review, and sign-off of all changes and any pro-forma required
- Support other business units such as Product or Sales in the setup of new products and custom indices
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Computer Science and/or Finance
- Knowledge of index product areas such as Fixed Income or Multi-Asset families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of demonstrated decision-making and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Customer focused approach
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship
We’d love to see:
- Experience with managing and building out workflow tools, data manipulation, ETL, data analysis, data quality and data science tools. E.g. SQL, QSEN, Excel, Informatica, Python, Jupiter notebook, VBA
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients – and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.