Infrastructure Automation Engineer
New York, NY
Posted May 3, 2023 - Requisition No. 116026
Corporate Technology is responsible for crafting, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software and enterprise applications used by nearly 24,000 employees in more than 170 offices around the world! We focus on enterprise solutions, infrastructure automation, productivity tools, and IT systems integration which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
As an Infrastructure Automation Engineer on the Compute and Storage Engineering team, you will be encouraged to automate the provisioning, deployment, scaling, and monitoring of our compute & storage infrastructure platforms. You will be responsible for implementing innovative technologies, automating workflows, and crafting CI/CD automation pipelines. In this role, you will collaborate with Product Owners, Engineers, Developers, and Operations to find opportunities to improve automation and deployment solutions for the corporate infrastructure environment.
You’ll need to have:
- 4+ years of experience with Python, PowerShell and/or other scripting language
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience building tools that automate and integrate with API REST and traditional IT Infrastructure components (virtualization, server, storage)
- A strong familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) Pipelines (Jenkins, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and IaC Automation tools such as Terraform or Puppet
- Experience with Orchestration technologies such as Ansible or Chef
- Experience driving full software creation process
We'd Love to See:
- Understanding of Linux internals
- Good knowledge of network protocols, network administration and network security
- General experience with relational databases
- Experience working with GIT or other code repositories
- Good knowledge of storage protocols, storage administration and storage security
- Understanding Security fundamentals standard methodologies
- Experience implementing or working with server virtualization and storage infrastructure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 130,000 - 225,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus