Security Architect - Corporate Technology
New York, NY
Posted Jun 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 113348
The Engineering Security Architecture team is responsible for information security on all employee-facing systems. We secure the “traditional” enterprise network, but also secure the SaaS applications used by Bloomberg LP. We review designs for internal teams, architect, design, plan and implement technical controls that support the company's security policy and posture. Our success requires continuous collaboration with several other groups across the organization, including the Chief Technology Office, Chief Risk & Compliance Office/CISO, Corporate Technology, Engineering, Legal. We are a small, global team with a significant impact!
Bloomberg LP’s Security Design and Development team is seeking a self motivated Security Architect to evaluate, develop, implement, integrate on-premise and/or cloud-based services with Bloomberg LP infrastructure.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide security for on-premises environments and cloud-based digital platforms and play an integral role in protecting the organization's data. This may involve analyzing existing on-premises or cloud services and architecting new and enhanced security methods.
- Focus on automation, devops, and CI/CD to reduce operational overhead..
- Collaborate with partner teams to identify and remediate information security vulnerabilities or design flaws.
- Perform as part of a larger team dedicated to securing on-premise or SaaS/cloud-based solutions and technologies.
- Instruct and guide other teams to craft "secure by default" infrastructure; they may also investigate, build, and recommend innovative technologies or other methods that will improve the security of cloud-based and on-premises environments.
- Demonstrate the ability to innovate, build and advocate improvements in existing deployments and lead new initiatives.
You’ll Need to Have:
- 4+ years of proven, hands-on experience as a Security Engineer, working with engineering partners to secure endpoints and enterprise infrastructure. Including technical knowledge on operating system security leveraging configuration standards such as CIS, NIST, and DISA..
- 4+ years of experience in automation, software development, and/or engineering role with a focus on security.
- 5+ years of experience working with teams to identify and remediate potential security gaps related to configuration, authentication, authorization, network segmentation, encryption, bastion host setup, etc. Leveraging Active Directory, Group policies, JAMF or desired state configuration.
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
We’d Love to See:
- Experience integrating on-premises Identity Access Management (IAM) with SaaS role-based access controls (RBAC)
- Strong understanding of cloud-based services such as O365, Azure AD, or Google Workspace
- Understanding of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) technology and Network Security Infrastructure services
- Hands-on experience configuring, deploying and managing security systems on-premise and in the cloud, including, but not limited to: web application firewalls, intrusion detection systems, EDR, SIEM and log management, secrets management, and vulnerability assessment technologies
- Flexibility and the willingness to learn new technologies.
- Working experience with security vendor API integrations.
Does this sound like you? Please apply, and we will follow up to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 130,000 - 225,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus