New York, NY
Posted May 4, 2021 - Requisition No. 90536
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, lead sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs.
Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data, or not offer the ongoing support required to maintain and enhance the solution once live.
That’s where we come in. Here at Enterprise Technology Solutions, we help firms implement and manage that complexity. By providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drive lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of our customers’ needs, we believe we are uniquely positioned to help clients with this challenge.
What’s The Role?
As an Integration Specialist supporting our growing business, you will be responsible for technical integration between our clients and Bloomberg's premier applications. Integrations often involve crafting and deploying solutions for clients looking to integrate their systems with the Bloomberg cloud, but can also involve integrating client system with other in-house or 3rd party source or destinations.
Typical engagements can include the use of real-time XML and FIX messaging, data transformations, batch based processes, FpML/SWIFT messaging and other protocols as well as MQ, TCP/IP, FTP and ODBC connectivity between the client and the Bloomberg cloud or other 3rd party system. In addition to data connectivity and transformations, our products also allow clients to code up to our API's in order to access in either a server or desktop architecture.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Design, configure and deploy the integration of trading interfaces between Bloomberg and clients using a graph based development environment
- Handle technical consultancy in post-sales implementations
- Oversee the successful completion of integration initiatives
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, which may include troubleshooting and escalations both internally and with clients
- Work on the application and evolution of Bloomberg best practices
You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
- A technology background, with programming / scripting experience
- Financial industry experience
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Ability to manage client expectations
Significant experience with:
- Messaging protocols FIX, SWIFT, MQ (i.e. IBM / Tibco / MSMQ / Sonic / JMS)
- Data Transformation using any ETL tools (i.e. Informatica / Mulesoft / TIBCO) or through transformation languages (i.e. XML XSLT / Perl)
- Proven ability to independently drive successful engagements with customers
- Capital Markets knowledge with understanding of buy-side & sell-side order
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects of various sizes simultaneously
We'd Love to See (pluses):
- Web Services
- Working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Msft Azure
- Implementing industry-wide best practices around public and private cloud infrastructure
- Database design and use (ETL, triggers, and stored procedures) for db (Oracle, MS SQL, Sybase, etc.)
- Unix & Linux skills (to user level – Navigating Through Applications Logs)
- Target & Source Systems such as: Charles River, PFS, EZE Castle, FMC, SS&C, Murex, Calypso, SunGard, Custodians, etc.
- Management of multiple client facing projects
For more information on Bloomberg Connectivity & Integration and our suite of products, visit the site below: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/enterprise-gateway/
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg,
you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.