New York, NY
Posted Jan 5, 2022 - Requisition No. 95568
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, supervise P&L, lead sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves accurately across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data, or not offer the ongoing support required to maintain and improve the solution once live.
That’s where we come in. Here at Enterprise Technology Solutions, we help firms implement and handle that complexity. By providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drive lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of our customers’ needs, we believe we are uniquely positioned to help clients with this challenge.
What’s The Role?
As an Integration Specialist supporting our growing business, you are responsible for technical integration between our clients and Bloomberg's world-class applications. Integrations often involve crafting and deploying solutions for clients looking to integrate their systems with the Bloomberg cloud, but can also involve integrating client system with other in-house or 3rd party source or destinations.
Typical engagements can include the use of real-time XML and FIX messaging, data transformations, batch based processes, FpML/SWIFT messaging and other protocols as well as MQ, TCP/IP, FTP and ODBC connectivity between the client and the Bloomberg cloud or other 3rd party system. In addition to data connectivity and transformations, our products also allow clients to code up to our API's in order to access in either a server or desktop architecture.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Design, configure and deploy the integration of trading interfaces between Bloomberg and clients using a graph based development environment
- Handle technical consultancy in post-sales implementations
- Be responsible for the successful completion of integration initiatives
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously, which may include fixing and issues both internally and with clients
- Work on the application and evolution of Bloomberg standard methodologies
- Opportunity for continuous learning across various areas (i.e. technology, financial markets, project management)
You'll Need to Have:
- 3+ years experience with messaging protocols FIX, SWIFT, MQ (i.e. IBM / Tibco / MSMQ / Sonic / JMS)-Financial industry experience, specifically Capital Markets knowledge with understanding of buy-side & sell-side order
- Experience with data transformation using any ETL tools (i.e. Informatica / Mulesoft / TIBCO) or through transformation languages (i.e. XML XSLT / Perl)
- Good project management skills, with the ability to run multiple projects of various sizes simultaneously
- Bachelor/Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.