On any given day as a Market Specialist you will be consulting with senior decision makers at client accounts, helping to close new sale opportunities, and crafting product development. By evangelizing the Bloomberg Professional Service at market events and through printed material, you become the face of Bloomberg.
Comprised of former traders, portfolio managers, sales representatives, analysts, and more, the department serves as the de facto asset class experts at Bloomberg. Our team not only heightens our user base's experience and impacts sales revenue, it plays a vital role in improving the knowledge of our sales force and is a dedicated source of client feedback for our product development teams. The team is also able to highlight their market expertise through writing for a variety of publications.
We'll trust you to:
- Protect the existing terminal base, increase product adoption, and ultimately generate sales revenue
- Build influential relationships with senior level contacts and market decision-makers
- Provide business managers with actionable feedback on the latest trends, regulations, and market practices to help shape future product development
- Utilize industry events and writing content to market our product
- Educate the sales force through customized internal training and seminars
- Contribute to our written content bespoke for clients
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrable expertise and success in the financial industry with broad and detailed theoretical knowledge and practical experience in cash rates, interest rate derivatives and associated risk analytics
- Knowledge of competitor risk platforms
- An extensive network of deep client relationships
- Exemplary communication and customer service skills, with the ability to initiate, develop and maintain relationships with senior market professionals
- Ability to present complex ideas and solutions in a simple and concise way to audiences both large and small
- Excellent negotiating and inter-personal skills, that can influence decisions and deliver results in a timely manner
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Practical experience using the Bloomberg terminal, or similar product
- Experience of r/python, capable of writing basic applications and discussing the process of creating data-driven products.
- Willingness to travel
We'd love to see:
- A commercial mindset with the ability to identify and develop opportunities for other groups within the company and to build strong external networks
- Product knowledge of global macro products outside of interest rate derivatives
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.