Global Finance - Projects and Controls
New York, NY
Posted Dec 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 98487
Bloomberg’s Global Finance department provides a wide range of key business services at Bloomberg including all aspects of customer billings to cash collection, revenue recording, vendor invoice processing and payments, regional treasury and cash funding, indirect tax, capital planning and fixed assets. Our department collaborates with many internal and external groups including Sales and Product, other Support Departments, CFOs, employees, customers, suppliers, tax departments and local bookkeepers. Our team looks for ways to strengthen our control environment, reduce risk for Bloomberg, improve processes and continue to add value for our internal and external stakeholders.
You’re one of those people who:
- Are passionate about processes, controls, and efficiency, and love to come up with innovative and viable suggestions for improving them.
- Enjoys investigating and digging into details and can spot exceptions or unusual trends
- Enjoy researching best practices
- Likes working independently, but also enjoys interacting with a diverse group of people
- Has the smarts and flexibility to help us define and evolve a newly created position
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with our department stakeholders and BLP’s Financial Risk Team to identify opportunities to improve controls, proactive monitoring, and efficiency
- Support the review plan through the execution of financial and operational reviews from beginning to end. Key activities include planning, stakeholder management, fieldwork execution, reporting and validation of remediated findings
- Perform periodic deep dive process reviews to identify opportunities to optimize and strengthen controls and identify efficiencies, both in process and automation
- Develop and perform test plans to ensure that control self-assessments are accurate, and controls are working as designed
- Develop, prepare, and monitor analytical reports to proactively identify areas where controls may not be working effectively
- Work with department stakeholders to implement your recommendations
- Perform ad-hoc analytical work when required
You need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 1-3 years of internal audit (required) and/or relevant Internal Audit Internship experience
- External audit experience (nice to have)
- Prior experience with Big 4 accounting firm and/or internal audit department industry a plus
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls
- Understanding of internal control concepts with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of control design and operating effectiveness
- Ability to execute testing and complete workpaper documentation effectively and efficiently
- Experience in reviewing system controls within business processes (application controls)
- Experience performing data analytics within reviews to gain insight
- Strong writing, communication, and presentations skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong presence with ability to interact with all levels of our organization, from independent contributors to senior leaders
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced, dynamic goal-oriented environment
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do, roll-up your sleeves attitude
- The ability to work independently, think analytically, conduct research, analyze data and resolve problems
Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure, able to manage deadlines and multi-tasks
We'd love to see:
- A CPA
- ERP experience, preferably SAP R3, SAP HANA and SAP Business Warehouse
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity! It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.