Internal Communications Associate - Corporate Functions - External Relations
New York, NY
Posted Nov 13, 2023 - Requisition No. 121567
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a driven edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, delivered through innovative technology. Our people work well under pressure and thrive in a team environment.
Bloomberg’s internal communications team informs employees about our strategy, products, and services, empowering them to accomplish business objectives. These communications also engage employees with the Bloomberg culture, with each other and with those in their networks – all while encouraging a dedication to the company’s philanthropic mission. The result is employees who drive our business forward, while feeling motivated about growing a long-term career within the company.
We are looking for an experienced, high-energy, responsive, and detail-oriented communicator to develop and execute internal communications in our highly dynamic firm. You’ll advise, write and edit internal messaging, in partnership with senior leaders across our Corporate Functions teams, including the full gamut of Human Resources, Workplace Operations & Supply Chain, Travel & Expense, Security Operations, as well as support for our “office committees” across the Americas region (including Princeton and San Francisco).
When devising and delivering effective communications, you do it with creativity and a clear goal in mind. You also know when to act with urgency and when to work with discretion. You’re able to balance the professional and the personable, and you're comfortable prioritizing your daily to-do list, based on timely work that comes across your desk.
We'll trust you to:
- Manage executive communications: Thanks to your ability to quickly develop rapport and an understanding of a leader’s goals, you'll embrace the voice of Bloomberg's management as you write, edit and distribute compelling messages on their behalf, through a variety of internal channels
- Handle organizational change: You will partner with business leaders and HR partners to communicate departmental changes, linking them to strategic intentions and marketplace dynamics, while recognizing the human element as well
- Manage policy & operational changes: From launching new internal technology tools, to communicating investments in our workspaces, to ensuring employees understand the full range of health and wellness benefits available, there is no shortage of changes to communicate regarding our internal processes, procedures, and tools. You will lead this messaging, working with partners to ensure employee awareness and drive any behavior changes
- Create content: Whether it's writing intranet stories, drafting video scripts, facilitating town halls, or developing compelling content for our employee social media channel, you will hone your creativity and implement new ideas as we bring our people, teams and offices to life across a variety of platforms
- Help organize internal events: Our leaders set the tone for the year – and check in along the way – through their town halls. You’ll help produce these events, leading the run-of-show, weighing in on presentation collateral, and providing on-site support for these events, both local and global in nature
- Support AMER office hubs with local communications: You will be a trusted advisor of local leadership teams in our AMER office hubs (such as Princeton and São Paulo, to name two) throughout the region, working with them to promote internal campaigns and drive high levels of engagement from your colleagues
- As a member of a small but mighty team, this role will also provide support for recurring newsletters that the team produces
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 4 years applicable experience working in an internal communications discipline, such as organizational, change and executive communications
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Experience working directly with and advising senior business leaders in executing communications plans that achieve business objectives
- Demonstrable content samples (executive memos, speeches, talking points, FAQs, town hall agendas, video scripts, change plans, etc.) crafted to support internal communications campaigns
- A sharp eye for detail, for both written communications and employee events (such as town halls)
- Self-starting, get-it-done worldview. People trust you – and they enjoy working with you
- Speed, adaptability, resourcefulness – especially when writing and editing on-the-fly and working through iteration
- Sound judgment and an ability to serve as a strategic partner – suggesting new ideas, accepting and implementing feedback, and advising stakeholders (of all management levels) on best practices
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and leverage both your network and resources to move projects forward, including knowing when to pivot
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, English, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field
We'd love to see:
- Prior experience in an internal communications capacity within the financial technology or financial services industries
- Strong collaborator who understands the complexity of entertaining multiple audiences and navigating their diverse interests and goals
- An ability to keep calm and work quickly amidst a crisis
- Ability to influence
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and customer-focus
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 120,000 - 135,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus