Internal Communications Manager- Sales, Enterprise Services & User Support
New York, NY
Posted Feb 7, 2023 - Requisition No. 113970
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a driven edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, delivered through innovative technology. Our people work well under pressure and thrive in a team environment.
Bloomberg’s internal communications team informs employees about our strategy, products and services, empowering them to accomplish business objectives. These communications also engage employees with the Bloomberg culture, with each other and with those in their networks – all while encouraging a dedication to the company’s philanthropic mission. The result is employees who drive our business forward, while feeling motivated about growing a long-term career within the company.
What’s the role?
We are looking for an experienced, high-energy, responsive and detail-oriented communicator to develop and execute internal communications in our highly dynamic firm. You’ll advise, write and edit internal messaging, in partnership with senior leaders across our Financial Solutions business. Here, you’ll work directly and regularly with leaders across Sales in AMER, & Enterprise Services and User Support globally. When delivering effective and creative communications, you do it with pizzazz and a smile -- and most importantly, you act with urgency.
You know how to work with discretion; displaying a balance of the professional and the personable comes naturally to you. You're also comfortable with prioritizing your daily to-do list, based on timely work that crosses your desk.
We'll Trust You To:
- Manage executive communications: Thanks to your knack for quickly developing rapport (regardless of someone's seniority), you'll embrace the voice of Bloomberg's management as you write, edit and distribute compelling messages on their behalf, through a variety of media.
- Handle organizational change: Partner with business leaders and HR partners to link shifts to strategic intentions and marketplace dynamics. Your work will bring sense and meaning for more than 5,000 employees. To do so, you’ll plan ahead but pivot your approach as needed.
- Organize internal events: Our leaders set the tone for the year – and check in along the way – through their town halls. You’ll produce these events, leading the run-of-show, crafting presentation collateral and providing on-site support for these, among other large-scale meetings, both local and global in nature.
- Manage Policy & Operational Changes: From launching new videoconferencing technology to introducing new travel & expense policies, there is no shortage of changes to communicate regarding our internal processes, procedures and tools. You will lead this messaging, working with partners to ensure employee awareness and drive any behavior changes.
- Create content: Whether it's writing intranet stories, drafting video scripts, facilitating town halls or developing compelling content for our employee social media channel, you will hone your creativity and implement new ideas as we bring our people, teams and offices to life across a variety of platforms.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 4 years applicable experience working in internal communications in various disciplines, such as organizational, change and executive communications
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Experience working directly with and advising senior business leaders in executing communications plans that achieve business objectives
- Demonstrable content samples (executive memos, speeches, talking points, FAQs, town hall agendas, video scripts, change plans, etc.) crafted to support internal communications campaigns
- A sharp eye for detail, for both written communications and employee events (such as town halls)
- Typos aren't your thing; magnificent execution and clearly defined logistics are
- Outgoing, self-starting, get-it-done worldview. People trust you – and they enjoy working with you
- Speed, adaptability, resourcefulness – especially when writing and editing on-the-fly and working through iteration
- Sound judgment and an ability to serve as a strategic partner – suggesting new ideas, accepting and implementing feedback, and advising stakeholders (of all management levels) on best practices
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and leverage both your network and resources to move projects forward
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, English, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field
We'd love to see:
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on Bloomberg's business, priorities and organizational structure
- Prior experience in an internal communications capacity within the financial technology or financial services industries
- Strong collaborator who understands the complexity of entertaining multiple audiences and navigating their diverse interests and goals
- An ability to keep calm and work quickly amidst a crisis
- Ability to influence
- Ability to operate with urgency and do eleven things at once – and do them well
- High degree of professionalism, flexibility and customer-focus.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 120,000 - 135,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus