The Content Acquisition and Business Management (CABM) group is comprised of Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Development, Contracts, and Market Structure. Our team is on the front line. We work hard to build the preeminent platform for investment research distribution- connecting thousands of content providers with hundreds of thousands of customers. We work with experienced engineering teams, content specialists and sales to build new technologies that offer our data providers intelligent means to distribute high quality investment research to their customers.
We’re looking for an experienced Manager to lead our Research Content team in the Americas. Reporting to the global manager in London, you’ll play a pivotal role in defining the strategic direction of our research product in the Americas. You will work closely with Bloomberg clients and liaise with various internal departments to achieve targets and improve the product as a whole. Based in New York, you will manage a team of Research Content specialists, Research Technical specialists and Research Entitlement specialists. In addition to day-to-day leadership support, you will be responsible for coaching, mentoring and training the team. You will coordinate talent development efforts with global counterparts and promote shared best practices.
You are an exemplary collaborator, and a highly motivated and experienced people manager who has a proven track record of defining and executing strategies. As a natural problem solver, you thrive on building innovative solutions to complex problems.
We’ll trust you to:
- Lead the Research team in the Americas. You’ll need to be a strong and dedicated leader who can communicate a clear vision about where your department is heading and how you’re going to get there together.
- Evaluate and monitor the success of your team against regional and global metrics, while setting and maintaining budgets and business plans.
- Manage, mentor, develop and challenge a group of experienced and motivated individuals across 3 skill sets- all with their own unique opportunities, challenges, and business goals.
- Plan and execute your business strategy by working closely with the other key stake holders in the Americas and across the globe. You’ll need to be able drive your own region’s agenda, while ensuring that this aligns with the wider goals of the department and company.
- Deeply understand the demands of our clients and the market conditions in which they operate. Working hand-in-hand with managers from other internal groups such as Core Sales, Global Data, and Engineering you will harness your group’s expertise in research, data and technology to ensure that we continually exceed the expectations our customers have of Bloomberg.
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 5 years leadership experience, with a proven track record of managing a team, developing people and delivering results.
- Strong knowledge of the research environment from a product, relationship and regulatory stand point.
- Excellent understanding of the commercial landscape in which Bloomberg operates, along with comprehensive knowledge of financial products and the ways in which our clients consume data.
- The vision to align your department’s goals to the fast-changing landscape of research, data and technology, and the ability to execute a business and people strategy which responds dynamically to the ever-evolving needs of the market.
- A proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and stakeholders
We'd love to see
- Knowledge and experience of research authoring and publishing systems
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.