Japanese Language News Editor
New York, NY
Posted Oct 3, 2019 - Requisition No. 78806
Bloomberg News delivers the best-read global coverage to Japanese readers on politics, economics and investing. As a seasoned Editor, you understand what traders and fund managers are interested in, and you are able to convey the whole picture. You do research and track down the details, and you break news that matters.
Bloomberg is looking for a motivated individual with excellent language skills to tell stories that matter to our local Japanese audience. You will produce compelling stories in Japanese from our world headquarters in New York. You will be responsible for accurately and quickly turning around our English coverage, while exercising strong news judgment, editorial and some reporting skills that go beyond technical translation. Solid understanding of both languages and financial news is required.
We'll trust you to:
- Translate and edit our English news into Japanese.
- Report on market-moving stories.
- Deliver breaking-news content with speed and accuracy.
- Apply news judgement that's balanced, yet creative and passionate.
- Produce front-page quality news in Japanese.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience translating (from English to Japanese) and editing in a real-time news environment.
- A deep understanding of financial markets, and knowledge of the world of deals and the broader economy.
- The ability to deliver breaking-news content with speed and accuracy.
- A strong work ethic; be a team player and ability to work in high-pressure environment.
- Fluency in Japanese (writing and editing).
- Previous reporting experience.
If this sounds like you, apply today! We're eager to speak with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.