New York, NY
Posted Jun 17, 2019 - Requisition No. 75619
At the heart of our business, we are connecting decision makers to business and financial information, news and insight. As our industry has evolved, the way our clients consume that data has changed. Today our large enterprise clients demand tight integration of Bloomberg products with their own highly complex and time-sensitive back end systems.
The Connectivity & Integration group is changing the way our clients connect and integrate with Bloomberg. We build solutions for secure, high-throughput and low-latency data transfer. We allow clients to manage their full integration and connectivity with Bloomberg products through a single system.
The Enterprise Console group is responsible for providing cloud-based infrastructure for our clients, technologists in client firms and Bloomberg’s internal service and support desk, with a way to configure, provision, monitor, alert on various resources, provided as part of our Enterprise Integration suite. We provide this set of functionality through our web application (https://console.bloomberg.com). Our primary focus currently is adding new and smarter Alerting capabilities (UI and backend) so that our clients are notified of anomalies (Insights through Machine Learning) and problems (Proactive alerting) which could potentially affect their flow of data with Bloomberg.
We are a tight knit team with a mix of Junior and Senior Engineers with experience in different areas. We are seeking a self-motivated senior web front-end engineer who can help us build our Alerting UI.
You'll need to have:
- Experience working with high volume consumer facing Enterprise Web applications
- Strong technical and communication skills
We'd love to see:
- Industry experience with either Angular 2+, React
- Proficiency in SCSS
- Experience with testing tools such as Protractor, Karma, WebPack, Serenity
- Understanding of RESTful API design
- Understanding of Chrome, IE, Safari, Firefox, and their various idiosyncrasies, including browser performance and compatibility.
- Experience with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban, using JIRA
If this sounds like you, please apply. We would love to meet you!