Lead Product Manager, Audience & Growth
New York, NY
Posted Nov 1, 2021 - Requisition No. 97043
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Bloomberg Media is looking for a product lead to grow our audience across our consumer platforms, deepen engagement, and drive innovation within our product portfolio. We’re looking for an insightful people leader excited to mentor and lead a small team of product managers. The role reports to the head of product and will work on setting the vision and defining the processes we need to execute successfully and share our results with partners around the building.
We'll trust you to:
- Be an entrepreneurial thinker, directing the product vision for your platforms and helping to define the overall strategic direction and drive our business goals.
- Be a proven manager. You’re excited to lead a team of product managers, instilling standard methodologies in your team, guiding them to focus on the work that will help drive the business. You are passionate about finding opportunities to celebrate your team and help them develop their careers.
- Be an especially strong collaborator. You will partner with other team leads (Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing, Editorial, Data, and Sales) to help build a best in class organization. You are a culture champion and are excited to be a partner in evolving our processes to help us work efficiently as a cross-functional team.
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves to help solve problems and get things done. Be comfortable in the details and complexities without losing sight of the big picture.
- Have strong leadership and communication skills; ability to clearly, consistently and broadly communicate about product vision, status, goals and impact to leadership and partners.
- Understand how to identify the big wins and prioritize features that will have measurable impact for our customers and on the business, using research and data to inform your decisions. Be able to balance that vision with a plan that executes against other softer goals: work we take on for internal partners and eliminating tech debt.
- Have a passion for user experience, conducting user research and working closely with designers and engineers to create amazing, customer-first experiences.
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience (8+ years) working in B2C product, with a solid understanding of ad- and subscription-supported consumer media products, experience working in news media is a plus.
- Ability to use data to drive business decisions with a portfolio-oriented product approach for balancing bold, high-upside bets with quick wins; you take an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving.
- Depth of experience building and shipping consumer facing products, driving them from conceptualization to delivery; ability to gain stakeholder and leadership agreement; ability to facilitate prioritization decisions.
- A strong bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development. Deep understanding of technology and latest trends in the digital space, experience and proven ability in understanding and discussing technical concepts and tradeoffs
- Excellent people and collaborative skills; ability to work successfully with both direct and indirect teams across the organization, gaining consensus across partners and executives.
- Ability to take initiative and work in a complex organization; you are comfortable juggling multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concepts; comfortable setting and owning key KPIs & goals, as well as tracking projects against the KPIs, celebrating wins and learning from misses.
- Experience with site optimization and using A/B multivariate testing.
- Empathy for our users, a high level of integrity along with an understanding of design principles, usability, UX design.
If this sounds like you:
Apply today! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.