Leadership Development Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Jan 18, 2019 - Requisition No. 73000
We work with purpose at Bloomberg, and you know exactly what that means. In Global Leadership and Talent Development; we’re passionate about finding, hiring and developing all-star talent at Bloomberg. It’s the most important thing we do, and it’s our purpose. Our team strives to make Bloomberg more successful by assessing our talent, identifying skill gaps, and creating curated learning experiences to fill those gaps.
The best athletes have coaches that make them world-class; they develop them differently and give them the chance to realize their potential. This is who we are to the Bloomberg organization. We believe that having the right leaders is absolutely critical to our business success and that they are there to make sure that innovation happens. We want to have a future-focused leadership agenda so that we have the right pipelines and plans for the right leaders, with the right skills, ready at the right time. Our leadership approach needs to be business aligned, commercially relevant, and pragmatic. We're constantly challenged to meet firm wide, global business objectives while also adapting to local requirements. We collaborate extensively within our team and across the organization.
What's the role:
Reporting directly into the Head of Leadership Development, you'll be part of a team that designs, delivers and evaluates the core leadership curriculum from aspiring leaders to senior managers. You'll serve as the SME and design lead for Bloomberg's leadership development approaches and programs, with end-to end ownership of "signature" programs. In close partnership with the broader Global Leadership and Talent Development team you'll work to align enterprise business and leadership strategies ensuring that your solutions are culturally meaningful, scalable globally and aligned with our global priorities.
Who are you?
You have expertise and experience in adult learning and leadership development. You’ll thrive in our area as an exceptional multi-tasker, who has a real passion for talent strategy development and learning solutions. You’re a problem-solver who thinks fast and adapts quickly to change, and is happy to be "hands-on" in all aspects of our team's work. Most of all, you’re client-service oriented with outstanding critical thinking and communication skills.
You’re someone who thinks globally but able to customize the requirement to local needs and a high degree of integrity and want to make a difference.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide leadership development to our senior managers
- Advise HRBP's, Business aligned Talent Partners, Regional Leads to translate succession needs/gaps into development program designs, linking signature programs to pipeline milestones
- Partner with senior leaders to understand the leadership, talent and learning needs from their business areas and engage resources from the team to create solutions
- Build and maintain strong relationships with HR to define the overall talent needs for different parts of the business and align development with a broader people strategy
- Work collaboratively with Talent Development colleagues locally and globally to drive the talent plan for businesses you support
- Collaborate with Leadership Assessment & Performance to ensure targeted use of coaching into signature development programs
- Facilitate the identification, development and management of high potential leadership talent for businesses you support
- Design selected leadership development courses and solutions to be utilized globally
- Use data and analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of each signature leadership development program,providing analysis and insights to senior HR Leadership and the Business on recommendations and adjustments to future investment
You need to be able to:
- Be pragmatic and passionate about leadership and talent management
- Adapt in a constantly changing environment
- Communicate persuasively and credibly (both verbally and in writing)
- Deliver classroom, blended and remote training offerings for all sizes and levels of leadership audiences
You need to have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Org Development (OD), Instructional Design (ID), Learning & Development (L&D), education, HR or other related discipline, Masters's, PhD, or EdD preferred
- 5+ years of proven track record of designing and managing talent development programs, with a strong emphasis on leadership development
- Deep knowledge of leadership development philosophies and approaches
- Excellent program design and deployment, with experience delivering to international groups and using a variety of delivery methods and platforms
- Demonstrated understanding of learning and development in design choices and the use of different media with the ability to link and integrate programs into a broader talent development ecosystem
We'd love to see:
- Experience with diversity and inclusion work
- Coaching experience
- Consulting experience
- Experience with implementing change and talent management initiatives
- Experience in financial or professional services
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.