Leadership Program Manager
New York, NY
Posted Aug 17, 2021 - Requisition No. 93319
Leadership Program Manager
About Our Team:
We are Leadership & Talent Development. Our team is a group of leadership, learning and organizational development specialists working alongside HR Talent Partners, HR Business Partners and business leaders. We use a broad approach to developing learning solutions and talent strategies, always taking into account Bloomberg's global scope and diverse businesses. We support Bloomberg's overall business goals by serving as partners and consultants, helping develop existing leaders and identify and develop high potential talent.
What’s the role?
You'll be part of a global leadership and talent development team that evaluates, designs, and delivers the core leadership curriculum from aspiring leaders to senior managers, ensuring Bloomberg attracts, retains, and advances our greatest asset - our people. As a member of the Global Leadership & Talent Development team's Center of Excellence, you’ll collaborate with Global Talent Partners and other HR practitioners to understand the talent and leadership development needs to build and deliver a holistic set of learning solutions across the enterprise. You’ll be tasked to link leadership development to business performance, ensuring that your solutions are culturally relevant, scalable, and aligned to our global business priorities.
In addition to supporting our leaders in the Americas, you will work closely with Talent Development teams in EMEA and APAC to develop our leaders and teams around the globe.
Who are you?
You are passionate about leadership development and learning solutions. You bring your expertise and experience in adult learning and leadership development to our businesses. You thrive as an exceptional multi-tasker and problem-solver who thinks fast and adapts quickly to change, and is happy to be "hands-on" in all aspects of our team's work. Most of all, you lead with a client-service mindset, complemented with outstanding critical thinking and communication skills.
You’re someone who thinks globally, but acts locally - customizing solutions to meet the needs of our local businesses while keeping in mind the larger goals and objectives at the enterprise level.
We'll trust you to:
- Proactively build relationships with business leaders to understand the talent landscape to enable the design and delivery of enterprise wide solutions
- Build and maintain strong relationships with HR to define the overall talent needs for different parts of the business and align development with a broader people strategy
- Work collaboratively with Leadership and Talent Development colleagues locally and globally to drive the talent plan
- Coach line managers to understand and leverage Talent Development solutions to build leader capabilities
- Facilitate the identification, development and management of high potential leadership talent
- Design selected leadership development courses and solutions to be utilized globally
- Bring innovative ideas for when and how we develop leaders across the entire talent lifecycle, i.e. emerging to senior leaders. This means a holistic approach to what the leadership journey should look like and speak to all the tools/interventions used for development (coaching, assessments, mentorships, etc)
You need to be able to:
- Be pragmatic with approach and delivery of leadership and talent management solutions
- Highly adaptive; an individual who thrives in a constantly changing, dynamic environment
- Communicate persuasively, credibly, and authentically (both verbal and written)
- Design and deliver classroom, blended and remote training offerings for all sizes and levels of leadership audiences
- Be as comfortable consulting and partnering with HR and the business, as you are designing and delivering development solutions
You need to have:
- Minimum of 10 years experience; proven track record of design and delivery of development programs in a commercial, global environment, with a strong emphasis on leadership development and integration of diversity and inclusion
- Experience serving in a coaching capacity with senior leaders across a wide range of businesses
- Excellent training delivery and facilitation skills, with experience delivering to international groups and using a variety of delivery methods and platforms
- Demonstrated understanding of various learning and development in design choices and the use of different media to engage range of learners and skill sets
- Experience identifying and developing high potential talent; either through talent reviews, assessments, succession, etc
- Performance driven mindset with a high degree of personal accountability for results
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- An ability to act professionally regarding sensitive subjects, and an ability to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Comfortable acting as a consultant to the business and HR - having done so as external consultant or internally
We'd love to see:
- Experience with diversity and inclusion work
- Consulting experience
- Experience with implementing change and talent management initiatives
- Experience in financial or professional services
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We bring out the best in each other.