Learning & Talent Analytics Specialist
New York, NY
Posted Jan 18, 2019 - Requisition No. 73001
We work with purpose at Bloomberg, and you know exactly what that means. In Global Leadership and Talent Development; we’re passionate about finding, hiring and developing all-star talent at Bloomberg. It’s the most important thing we do, and it’s our purpose. Our team strives to make Bloomberg more successful by assessing our talent, identifying skill gaps, and creating curated learning experiences to fill those gaps.
What's the role:
Our Learning & Talent Analytics Specialist is a newly created position within our Global Leadership and Talent Development team. As an integral member of the team, you'll manage and synthesize data, identify analytical opportunities and shape alternative learning and talent approaches and solutions. We're looking for someone who loves all things data and enjoys creating compelling visualizations that translate analysis into a great story! By focusing on providing high quality data, reports and analytics you'll bring our learning/talent data to life by providing valuable insights to the Global Leadership and Talent Development Team, HR Leadership and business leaders.
As the Learning & Talent Analytics Specialist, we'll trust you to:
- Establish the framework for evaluation and analytics across all leadership, learning and talent development initiatives
- Own learning metrics and analytics across the business; working with Global Heads, Regional Heads and HR Business Partners
- Build learning metrics and analytics to deliver clear and concise insights on learning programs
- Handle and analyze large data-sets and use them to develop critical insights and analysis to fuel decision-making about our learning and talent programs
- Analyze and advise on emerging technologies and leading-practice operations that can improve how Bloomberg gathers and analyzes development outcomes and return on investment
- Evaluate learning content across the catalog for relevancy and effectiveness
- Craft the evaluation criteria for on-boarding programs; tracking and creating insights on effectiveness to guide continuous improvement
You'll need to have:
- Experience in hypothesis testing and providing insight through data visualizations and storytelling
- 7+ years experience and a proven track record defining metrics and reporting for learning programs within a commercial environment
- A Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Instructional Design (ID), Learning & Development (L&D) Education, or other related discipline
- Experience working with or as part of a learning and talent development team or Analytics function
- Superior data analysis and reporting skills, the ability to convert data and research into measurable areas of focus and investment initiatives
- A strategic approach with sound commercial acumen
- Consistent track record of operating within a fast-paced environment
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.