New York, NY
Posted Mar 29, 2018 - Requisition No. 66310
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking legal professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems.
As a member of our Department, you will be part of a team that recognizes the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic environment.
What’s The Role:
We are looking for an experienced professional to provide support to the Legal Department in a variety of functions.
Your duties may include legal document management, drafting legal documents (including board minutes, resolutions, appointments, and authorizations), corresponding with third parties, assisting with law firm billing inquiries, proofreading, filing, conducting law-related factual research, managing legal department technology, and providing administrative support to attorneys.
You’ll Need To Have:
- At least 5 years of experience supporting the provision of legal services in as a paralegal either in-house or in a law firm.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated track record of taking ownership of projects and leading initiatives to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
We’d Love To See:
- Experience in any one of a number of areas: compliance, intellectual property, technology transactions, and/or litigation.
- NY County Notary Public.
- Ability to understand and a strong desire to learn about Bloomberg's financial technology business and financial sector clients.
If That Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.