Legal Data Analyst - Case Analysis (INDG)
New York, NY
Posted Jan 4, 2024 - Requisition No. 122418
Thinking about an alternative legal career?
Our Data team supports the Bloomberg Industry Group (INDG) business, which offers outstanding tools, search, and analytics for products in the areas of Law, Government and Tax. Bloomberg is changing the legal industry by delivering the most sophisticated research platform on the market with a focus on automation, analytics and real-time answers. INDG provides users with fast access to legal content and analysis, practice tools, company information and market intelligence through advanced search & analytic capabilities.
The Legal Data Analysis team offers you an opportunity to advance and develop your legal career through a distinctive, non-traditional path. This role allows you to leverage your legal experience, critical thinking skills and strategic approach to build excellent products for Bloomberg Industry Group.
As a member of the Legal Data Analysis team, you will be at the forefront of new technology, creating and improving prompts, instructing models, annotating data for model training and evaluating model performance, including large language models. To do so, we bring our robust legal domain knowledge to ensure data accuracy and deep understanding of our Industry Group customers. We collaborate with our Product and Engineering teams, aligning to drive product development and bring value to customers. The team's work is essential in supporting feature developments that use artificial intelligence and machine learning including Bloomberg Law's Docket Key, Points of Law, Brief Analyzer and Draft Analyzer, Bloomberg Tax's search capabilities and Bloomberg Government's State Bill Comparison. This role will give the opportunity to display your enthusiasm, creativity, problem-solving and organizational skills, ability to collaborate, and flexibility in shifting between projects in a fast-paced environment.
*Open to working in either our 120 Park, NY office or Princeton, NJ office locations!
What's in it for you:
- You’ll form relationships through Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment where you will work with Engineering, among others, to ensure accurate understanding of customer’s workflow and validate product builds.
- We’ll invest in you, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities. Both within the legal and alternative domains.
We’ll trust you to:
- Contribute to the Bloomberg Industry Group platforms by supporting the development of new technology-driven solutions for legal, tax and government professionals.
- Iterate and develop prompts and instructions for models.
- Participate in data tagging and evaluation of model outputs as well as user acceptance testing.
- Analyze and share insights of evaluations results and findings with stakeholders, taking ownership and making recommendations.
- Manage vendors and conduct quality assurance.
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Graduated with a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
- Have passed a state Bar examination and been admitted.
- 2+ years of relevant practice and work experience with the ability to bring deep understanding of user needs and workflows.
- Familiarity with online legal research tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with particular focus on sophisticated and complex concepts.
- Strong project management, analytical, and problem-solving and creative thinking skills.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Self-starter and the ability to work with a high-degree of autonomy.
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now and in the future.
We’d love to see:
- Experience with the Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Tax or Bloomberg Government products is a plus.
- Curiosity about technology and development of technical skills.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 90,000 - 105,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus