Legal Data Analyst
New York, NY
Posted Jan 12, 2023 - Requisition No. 92376
Thinking about an alternative legal career? The Bloomberg Industry Group offers an opportunity to advance and develop your legal career through a distinctive, non-traditional path. This role allows you to blend your passion for the law with technology, business, and data analysis. Bloomberg Law is dependent upon our legal data analysts to use their legal domain knowledge, critical thinking and strategic approach to build excellent products.
As a member of the Legal Data Analysis team, you will align closely with both our Product and Engineering teams to help drive product development and ensure data accuracy in Bloomberg Law’s initiatives. We apply our robust legal domain knowledge, project management skills and sharp attention to detail to annotate, analyze and evaluate legal datasets including court opinions, court briefs and contractual provisions. The team's work is essential in supporting feature developments that use artificial intelligence and machine learning including Points of Law, Brief Analyzer and Draft Analyzer. This role will give the opportunity to display your enthusiasm, problem-solving and organizational skills, ability to collaborate, and flexibility in shifting between projects in a fast-paced environment.
What's in it for you:
- You’ll form relationships through Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment where you will work with Engineering, among others, to ensure accurate understanding of an attorney’s workflow and validate product builds.
- We’ll invest in you, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities. Both within the legal and alternative domain
We’ll trust you to:
- Contribute to the Bloomberg Law platform by supporting the development of new technology-driven solutions for the legal professionals
- You’ll belong to a team responsible for management of data tagging and evaluation of model outputs as well as user acceptance testing, vendor management, and quality assurance, among other things
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Graduated with a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school
- Have passed a state Bar examination and been admitted
- 2+ years of relevant practice and work experience
- Familiarity with online legal research tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with particular focus on sophisticated and complex concepts
- Strong project management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and the ability to work with a high-degree of autonomy
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now and in the future
We’d love to see:
- Experience with the BLAW product is a plus
- Curiosity about technology and development of technical skills
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 90,000 - 105,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus