Lifecycle Marketing Manager
New York, NY
Posted Apr 17, 2023 - Requisition No. 115602
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning TV, digital, print, radio and live events across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Originals to Bloomberg Green, Bloomberg New Economy, our rapidly growing consumer subscription business, and much more.
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF THE ROLE:
Bloomberg Media’s mission is to arm today’s modern business leaders with the news and information they need to succeed. We deliver best-in-class customer experiences and award-winning journalism on Bloomberg.com, the Bloomberg app, and streaming digital video. To achieve our ambitious goals, the Consumer Lifecycle Marketing Team is seeking a highly-motivated Lifecycle Marketing Manager to help build the future of our Engagement marketing program. They will be responsible for the strategy, prioritization, and execution of lifecycle campaigns across email, .com and app; experimenting with creative, copy, segmentation and delivery to drive engagement, retention and revenue.
This individual will be flexible, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and skilled at balancing multiple priorities. They are a creative, innovative problem solver who is always on top of the latest digital trends and brings new “out of the box” ideas to the table. This role will report to the Global Head of Lifecycle Marketing.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Lead marketing strategies to increase subscriber engagement, retention and revenue, including developing cross-channel journeys and messages, outlining goals, defining segmentation and testing plans, and collaborating with design
- Co-own our lifecycle channels (email, in-app messaging) with other Lifecycle team members and be a steward of best practices to optimize channel health and champion the customer experience
- Lead the campaign creation process, from concepting to creative development, technical build in our ESP, deployment and analysis.
- Contribute to and maintain a prioritized roadmap of projects and campaigns and robust backlog - and be flexible to adjust as our business needs shift.
- Develop data-driven test-and-learn plans alongside Product and Marketing teams to achieve organizational goals.
- Manage and maintain ongoing email programs; test creative, content, copy and frequency to drive business goals.
- Be the subject matter authority on our internal and external email platforms, serving as the point person for maintaining current vendor relationships and onboarding new vendors.
- Develop clear and insightful reporting to illustrate the value your campaigns deliver to the business; strategically communicate results and recommendations to leadership.
- Adapt, learn quickly and be inventive.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- 5+ years of experience in a lifecycle/CRM marketing role, preferably with a subscription business, retail or direct-to-consumer brand with experience working across web, app, and email.
- Experience working with an enterprise-level email service provider such as Iterable, Braze, Sailthru, etc. MovableInk expertise is a plus.
- Flawless execution with experience building, managing, optimizing, reporting and analyzing marketing campaigns.
- Strong understanding of engagement tactics, personalization, and marketing automation.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision making.
- Tight-knit collaboration skills and ability to handle multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Natural marketing instincts with the ability to relate to our customers and prospects.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/media/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 100,000 - 135,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus