New York, NY
Posted Aug 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 92869
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy to our rapidly growing consumer subscription business.
Bloomberg TV is looking for an experienced television line producer to join our Bloomberg Technology team. Based in New York, the candidate will be responsible for producing a live television news show -- building a rundown, timing a show, producing live breaking news, writing scripts, pitching stories and guests, conceiving of graphics and outputting programs from the control room (including Technology and other shows). Candidates should have a passion for markets, technology news and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We'll trust you to:
- Be a self-starter, with a can-do attitude and a passion for our project.
- Write and research compelling technology-based segments.
- Have a keen eye and source video and graphics elements.
- Be flexible with working hours to accommodate production schedules.
- Be a team-player.
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a live news/production/control room environment.
- Strong editorial, storytelling, communication, and editing skills.
- Social media experience preferred.
- Knowledge of markets and technology news.
- Flexibility with hours as needed.
- A background in, and passion for journalism and technology.
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.