New York, NY
Posted May 4, 2022 - Requisition No. 103259
Bloomberg unleashes the power of information and technology to bring transparency to a complex world! A global financial information and news leader that provides influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company delivers data, news and analytics through innovative technology and provides real time financial information to more than 325,000 subscribers globally.
In a career at Bloomberg, you will play a vital role in making it all happen. You will be joining a team of solution-finders, with a real passion for providing outstanding customer service in a fast-paced environment! Challenging. Surprising. Purposeful. Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it is never dull. We are a truly a global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative — and in providing a work environment thaencourageses our employees to be their best.
As a Bloomberg Supply Chain professional, you have three (3) critical focus areas: establish and lead business intelligence (establishing and evolving KPIs), to provide exceptional hands on transportation to a broad range of clients, and ensure the fast and effective management of various supply chain / logistics workflows and process improvement.
As a Logistics Associate, you will play a key role in supporting the Logistics team in all aspects of the organization; including Vendor Management, Order Compliance, Dispatch Support, Domestic and International Shipping. The Logistics Associate will seamlessly and effectively step in to fulfill these roles while leading Logistics’ business intelligence: reporting and strategy to drive operational excellence with the rest of the team through data and KPIs.
You will fully cross train and maintain hands on experiences to help quickly identify and drive process improvements. You are willing to inspire change and take initiatives, challenge current working processes through operational understanding and data insight. Continuously assess current practices and strive to improve delivery processes through real time experience and recommendations to leadership.
We'll trust you to:
- Lead process improvements, ensure process controls, and documenting end to end processes
- Optimizing routes and supply chain network to reduce lead time and cost while maintaining customers’ on time delivery expectations
- Run the logistics process related to our centralized international and domestic shipping on SAP and internal platform
- Manage, monitor, and provide support to logistic issues to reduce potential risk in a proactive manner
- Routing and booking of inbound and outbound inventory shipments with local, regional, and global carriers while ensuring timely preparation of required shipping documentation
- Maintaining relationship(s) and contingency plans with external carriers & to minimize downstream impacts to our customers
- Developing and performance oversight of suppliers and carriers’ service levels and costs
- Accommodating ad-hoc shipping and inventory management task as needed
- Identifying areas of improvement for reporting, data aggregation, and related processes
- Handling invoice processing and resolving billing discrepancies
- Manage supply chain activities ensuring that all regulations and documentation are adhered to in accordance to each countries international shipment compliance
- Handling large amount of data for operational and directional decisions
- Developing and using dashboards to highlight relevant insights to drive operational efficiency
- Upbeat team player who can also work independently
- Ensure there is a streamlined communication channel between Production, Planning, Trade Compliance, Customer Service, and External vendors
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years’ experience within supply chain or transportation
- Customer service obsession, with willingness to do whatever it takes to satisfy customer needs - Achieved results through building relationships on their own team and cross-functionally
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint
- Fluency in English
- Data analysis experience with MS Excel and Power BI
- Previous experience as an analyst and Power BI
- Agile & Scrum, APICS, CSCMP, Six Sigma, Lean or other relevant certification(s) a plus
- SAP or other major ERP system
- Transportation Management Software (TMS) or any similar systems
- Supply chain vendor management
You need to have:
We'd love to see:
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.