New York, NY
Posted Dec 11, 2019 - Requisition No. 80203
We have an immediate opening in our New York Supply Chain team for a Logistics professional.
The individual selected for this position will be responsible for:
- Maintaining relationship(s) with 4PL/3PL and local last-mile delivery partners in the provision of excellent service to Bloomberg customers (external and internal)
- Leveraging such relationship(s) to expand services to additional locations
- Acting as the point of contact for reporting and analysis questions, including where data lives and how to access it
- Understanding the processes and variables that affect Logistics
- Representing the Logistics team at meetings with internal stakeholders
- Supporting the sustained performance of partners in achieving key metrics and KPIs
- Identifying areas of improvement for reporting, data aggregation and related processes
- Partnering with IT to solve technical issues and implement/test new systems and processes
- Coordinating forward logistics to/from geographies
- Preparing and performing quality review of shipping documentation
- Monitoring and improving shipment execution performance
- Accommodating ad-hoc shipping and inventory management task as needed
The individual selected for this position should be an action-oriented professional with a background in, among others, customer service, logistics and inventory management, and vendor relationship management. The individual should possess skills to help quickly identify and drive process improvements.
- Relationship development and performance oversight of suppliers and carriers
- Physical and systematic inventory management
- Routing and booking of inbound/outbound inventory shipments with local, regional and global carriers, including timely preparation of required shipping documentation
- Issue resolution on shipping and/or billing discrepancies
- Track and trace shipments and delivery-issue resolution
- Problem solve in a proactive, timely manner by gathering and analyzing information, developing alternative solutions and collaborating with others
- Work independently and multi-task in a customer-centric environment
- Manage logistics activities ensuring that regulations are adhered to and that our customers receive timely and efficient service Experience:
- Previous transportation/logistics background with a freight forwarder, carrier or shipper
- Proven customer service and relationship building
- Working knowledge of Incoterms, and customs and international trade regulations
- SAP or other major ERP system
- Transportation Management Software (TMS)
- Supply chain vendor management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Fluency in English; multi-lingual a plus
Education and Certification(s):
- Bachelor’s degree required; specialization in Transportation/Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management a plus
- ASCM, CSCMP, SixSigma, Lean or other relevant certification(s) a plus
What Bloomberg does – and how you can make your mark here:
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in.
At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.