New York, NY
Posted Jan 25, 2024 - Requisition No. 122849
Bloomberg News is looking for a mergers and acquisitions reporter in New York.
The M&A beat is one of the most competitive and high-profile positions in the newsroom.
It is a high-pressure job requiring thick skin and a can-do attitude. It is not easy -- but it is incredibly exciting and rewarding. You will have an opportunity to be at the center of the biggest stories in business news on a regular basis.
WE'LL EXPECT YOU TO:
- Break news before the competition on the biggest M&A deals, including mergers, leveraged buyouts, and hostile takeovers.
- Make sources across Wall Street at investment banks, law firms, private equity shops, public relations outfits and others in the tight-knit M&A ecosphere.
- Be a self-starter with an immense drive for breaking news.
- Boost your profile on the beat with projects such as our daily Deals Newsletter, events as well as expand our cross-platform contributions to TV, radio, podcasts, magazines, the website and social media.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- At least three years of business news reporting experience.
- A proven ability to make sources and deliver scoops.
- A collegial attitude and willingness to collaborate closely with teammates on the M&A Desk and broader newsroom.
- An ability to represent yourself and the organization in the best light on television, radio at conferences and in the field.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/careers/working-here/news-and-research/?tactic-page=588594
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 90,000 - 120,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus