ML Research Engineer - Sales Intelligence
New York, NY
Posted Sep 4, 2019 - Requisition No. 77101
The Engineering Sales Intelligence Team is passionate about driving high impact by pushing technological boundaries and cultivating a culture of innovation and creativity. We focus on adopting, integrating with, and building tools necessary to drive the most efficient developer experience with a focus on high reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) ultimately helps Bloomberg increase revenue through the subscription and usage of all its products. CRM tools empower global sales and product departments to engage with millions of existing and prospective clients by leveraging opportunities and user analytics, while providing excellent product support. Bloomberg’s salesforce enters over 300,000 notes a month, creating a total of over 50 million notes and over a billion lines of text documenting the topics and areas of interest during these client interactions.
In this role, you will have hands-on experience with a CRM solution that has been built in-house and rivals others in the market. You will analyze information, extract meaningful and actionable data, and build machine learning models to help find new sales opportunities for our salesforce. You will design machine learning solutions in the sales domain to directly help generate revenue and discover new advances in the sales process. You’ll have opportunities contribute to infrastructure and algorithms that can be used across the company and participate in the larger data science community.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build machine learning models to predict sales opportunities, streamline manual workflows and analyze results to ensure they align with business objectives
- Design and implement efficient pipelines using data exploration and Natural Language Processing
- Contribute to machine learning infrastructure for release management, deployment, testing, and monitoring
- Work in a fast-paced and agile environment to deliver high-quality features to our clients
Work with data collection, data cleansing, feature engineering, model selection, training, testing, and deployment
You need to have:
- PhD or Masters degree in Machine Learning
- 1+ year of industry experience with ML/NLP domain
- Experience and/or interest in implementing ML/NLP applications
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving, and communication skills
We’d love to see:
- 4+ years of experience with strong coding skills in one or more of: Python, C++, C#, Java
- Quantitative background (Probability, Statistics, Linear Algebra, etc.)
- Publications in top-tier conferences or journals
- Experience in Deep learning – interest in the latest technologies, industry practices, research, and trends
- Proficiency in one or more SQL database technologies such as MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Experience and passion working with CRM applications
- Working in a cross-functional Agile team environment