Management Reporting Associate - Management and Enterprise Business Intelligence - Finance & Administration
New York, NY
Posted Feb 5, 2024 - Requisition No. 123029
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What’s the role?
At Bloomberg Finance we are committed to providing extraordinary support to our business partners by providing insight on business performance, financial oversight and thought leadership.
Bloomberg's Management & Enterprise Business Intelligence (M&E BI) Group helps business leaders at the company make better data-driven decisions. Within the larger group, the Management Support team produces client briefings and various analytical reports for the Management Committee (MC) and other senior executives of the firm. Our aim is to provide transparent, efficient, and on-demand reporting for our Senior Executives so that they understand the performance of our businesses and thus make better business decisions.
We are looking for a driven individual who thrives on taking on big responsibilities to join our team as a Management Reporting Associate. The day-to-day role will include researching and writing client briefings as well as producing other reports for members of Bloomberg’s Management Committee.
As the team enhances its offerings to our stakeholders, we are looking to leverage a candidate with a technical background in SQL and hands on experience with business intelligence tools such as Qliksense to report on key insights for senior managers.
We'll trust you to:
- Research and write up client briefings and other reports for the Management Committee, including client biographies and firm details
- Produce various business stats by navigating our data in SAP Excel, Qliksense dashboards, and the Bloomberg Terminal
- Work closely with various stakeholders across the firm including Management Committee administrative assistants, Sales, Philanthropy, COOs, CFOs, Accounting, and External Relations to include any relevant notes to our briefings
- Develop, maintain, and optimize our business intelligence dashboards utilizing SAP and Qliksense
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant communication, business/project management, and technical experience
- Exemplary communication skills including executive level e-mail communication and verbal communication
- Ability to liaise with various stakeholders across the firm to gather critical-to-know business notes
- Great attention to detail to ensure our reports are consistently of high standard
- Maturity, discretion, and good judgment in managing complex decisions and handling sensitive information
- Exceptional ability to multitask high volumes of briefings simultaneously and to consistently deliver quality reports under tight deadlines within a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with team members in different time zones
- Have a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- A demonstrated background of working with business intelligence tools such as Qliksense, Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Experience in data analytics, extracting insights and influencing data-driven decision-making
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
We'd love to see:
- Solid organization skills and appreciation for well-structured, streamlined logistics and processes
- A good eye for spotting opportunities/gaps in our systems and establishing better solutions
- A keen follower of world news, global events, and business leaders/companies across the globe
- Ability to work with and explain technical concepts to non-technical partners, and break down sophisticated business problems into achievable steps
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with Terminal functions and Bloomberg’s business offerings
- A minimum of 2 years of experience using SQL skills and experience working with relational databases
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level.We offer one of the most comprehensive and generous benefits plans available and offer a range of total rewards that may include merit increases, incentive compensation [Exempt roles only], paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, life insurance, and various wellness programs, among others. The Company does not provide benefits directly to contingent workers/contractors and interns.
Salary Range: 105,000 - 140,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus